• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SKS gas tube pin removal

db366

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
52   0
Reaction score
How in the hell do you get that pos out. I have banged and punched my hands raw. I would just buy one of the tapco ones but it wont match the new stock. Anyone have a neat trick??

i take a 3/32 drill bit and kind a counter sink the end of the pin on either side, that usually makes it let go...it is braded and or mushroomed as was mentioned. By counter sink drilling the face of the pin it heats it up and takes the material down past the stamped end, basically try and drill the end of the pin out..if centered properly it should help to drift out the pin.just mushroom the new one..if you don't have a new pin use a nail that is the approx size and length it doesn't have to be hardened...it just has to retain the end cap...if you just want to harden the nail just suspend it by a magnet and heat it up with a propane torch until it falls off the magnet in to some old motor oil or some kind of oil, that will do the trick...

Arbor press. I banged on the gas block pin is a FAL for 2 weeks and got nowhere, except for ruining a few punches. Took 5 minutes to press it out.

Back
Top Bottom