• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Site is very sloooooowww....

A lot of ya'lls Internet providers throttle your a**.'
*y'all's :boink:

Also, I know that. But even when being throttled, this site was noticeably slower. I could be streaming Netflix in HD and could literally click a link on ODT, go take a pee, come back, and the page still wouldn't have loaded - all the while Netflix continued to stream, uninterrupted. So it was definitely something related to this site.

We didn't make any deliberate changes relative to site performance. We routinely apply OS and control panel updates to the web and database servers, which can have an impact. That happened twice this week, so I can't rule out server-side related difference, For the vast majority of visitors, the site's performance was good before any such updates.

Service worker js script likely isn't the issue, as that's part of the forum application stack and hasn't changed.

It could also be something the data center did, without regard to ODT: Perhaps nullify a bad route that other data center residents were complaining about. That's where I'd place my bet.

We have numerous monitors watching the site's uptime and performance. Since the last round of major forum updates and changes (in 2022), the performance has been very consistent. We have the stack tuned to the point where a high percentage of visitors have a good performance experience, including during higher traffic periods.

Glad those of you using a VPN are enjoying better performance. Maybe this discussion rattled the NSA and they shut their packet sniffers down. ;)
I don't know what any of that means, but thank you! :thumb:

I don't know what any of that means, but thank you! :thumb:

It's the official explanation.

iu

iu

I have noted a drastic improvement in page loading speed over the last 2 days! My VPN site is usually shown as Atlanta, but also logs into Orlando or Charlotte as equally fast. I'm using SurfShark.

Was it sudden like in the last hour or so, or just today in general?
This afternoon in general. But I did just get a notification asking about enabling push notifications and now it seems to be back to running at the same speed it was yesterday? I don't know...

Back
Top Bottom