• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Single anchor point wire clips are superior

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
ok. I like bench made and spyderco the nost as my carry and use knives

I personally think the benchmade minigriptillian is my favorite knife except for benchmades pocket clips. They suck, they bend and snag and cause my knife to fall out. I upgraded to a highly reviewed titantium clip to remedy this. The clip doesn't bend itself, but only after carrying maybe a month the screws are coming loose and the clip has wobble

Im convinced its inherent to the clip design. A rigid and sturdy pocket clip will work itself free when there are two or more screw points; they work against each other and will eventually wear loose

122E70C6-76BC-4170-BCDB-328D8008B4E5.jpeg
DB54767A-5069-4C76-AB5E-CBB7B0977A71.jpeg

I got a spyderco manix 2 in a trade a while back. It quickly became my edc after fiddling with it a week. I like the design, the blade, and how rugged it is. Whats more amazing is the pocket clip it uses (wire with single screw point anchor) works amazing and has yet to be misbent or the screw to come loose.

Im not sure the engineering or physics behind all this but from my experience the spyderco wire clip is far superior than any other pocket clip system ive seen on a folder

I like them too, though many think they’re weak and complain about bending them etc. I wasn’t sure about the flex on them when I got my first one but they work great. I’ve not had issues with any particular clip though, so each to their own I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom