• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Silva Showboating Fail

Crap... now I'm lookinig up old vids

Here's Andre the Giant in 1975.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just classic Silva, and he will not learn anything from it. He drinks his own kool-aid more than anyone else I know in the ring.

Yep. IMO,Chael Sonnen could've beat Silva's a-- in 2010...had him weakened & down on every scorecard,and did not FINISH him:mad:. Silva caught Chael in an arm bar or choke in the last round & Chael tapped...:puke:

If organized crime can infiltrate major sports, don't doubt they had a hand in this outcome. Silva threw the fight and made it look like his arrogance cost him the win. The real winners and losers were not in that cage.

Video evidence shows otherwise. Plus I don't think Don King is involved with the UFC,lol

Last edited:
Yep, it has. along with any vestige of civility.
I have to admit, I was wrong about my prediction. As much as I could appreciate a good boxing match, I used to think a sport, where the OBJECT of the 'game' was to render your opponent unconcious by a blow to the head would one day be viewed as barbaric as the gladiator fights to the death. Instead, we've now got 'ultimate fighting'. Seems we took a turn in a different direction somewhere along the way....

You seem to have drawn your own conclusion as to what is barbaric and what is not, to each their own i guess. In MMA you have infinitely more ways to defend yourself if you are a well rounded fighter. Look at MMA fighters that have been in the game for 10+ years, they can still walk and talk and many are now ambassadors to the sport, hell some are even still competitive. Then go check out some old school boxers who are now, well retarded, and then tell me which is more barbaric. Boxing is not real fighting, MMA is, end of story imo....

Last edited:
Boxing has died....The only draw left is Money Mayweather and they spoon feed him fights and promote the hell out of the fights to "keep boxing alive". Once Mayweather is gone, boxing will be shortly behind.

i love boxing more than mma. but there's no big name out there as a casual fan to support. pacman is pretty much retired. he's over the hill. the people want a heavy weight class with lots of big names and big hands to knock each other around. and the personality to capture the audience

Crap... now I'm lookinig up old vids

Here's Andre the Giant in 1975.

Haha..that brought back some memories. Some of my favorites were El Mongol and The Pro. The Assassins were the bad guy tag team of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. IMO,Chael Sonnen could've beat Silva's a-- in 2010...had him weakened & down on every scorecard,and did not FINISH him:mad:. Silva caught Chael in an arm bar or choke in the last round & Chael tapped...:puke:

I think if that fight was indicative of each fighters skills, the rematch would have been a similar show. How did their second fight go? Lol. Silva always starts off slow, and as his latest performance shows, has had little respect for his opponents to the point of showboating and being lazy. This got him in a bad spot with the first Chael fight, but he didnt make the same mistake in the second fight. Chael was completely destroyed when Silva came out aggressive from the get go in rd2. I dont consider myself to be a silva fan boy, but IMO, who in their right mind would want a Chael sonnen or weidman type of fighter to be a long term champion? Any 205 lb wrestler cutting down to 185 just because they think they can lay on someone for 5 rounds is sort of ***** imo. It would get really freaking old watching dudes lay on each other in their underwear for 5 rounds fight after fight lol...ugh....

Styles make fights, but nobody wants to watch a 1 dimensional wrestler fight, its just too freaking boring. Look at Chaels record of fighting in the UFC. All but 1 of his wins has come by decision because he laid on his opponent for 3 rds. Why would anyone want to watch him fight again.

Last edited:
the last time i saw the nature boy, he looked rough.

I never watched it before but the other day my wife says you gotta watch Rick Flair and Rowdy Roddy Piper on celebrity wife swaps. Nature Boy is still living the life of the Champ going out every night,buying rounds of drinks and living it up. He must of stashed some cash back!

Back
Top Bottom