Silencer Shop numbers on the Griffin Armament Optimus

Makes sense. Thanks for the info. Here's what I'm really after. .22lr and 9mm are my primary concern with .300blk a very close second. I was thinking of a Warlock or Spectre 2 plus a Tirant 9 and I'd be in the $1300-1400 range. With the Optimus, it looks like I'd be around $1300 anyhow. All the other calibers, like 5.56 and 7.62 are nice to haves, but if I still have to wear ear protection, I see very little point.

Ideally, I want a can that is backyard quiet on a bolt .22lr (as in pellet gun quiet), and comfortably quiet in semi-auto 22, 9mm, and .300AAC - as in no hearing protection, no hearing damage during extended use.

This is what I am looking for... Specifically 22 rimfire...

Get a 45 cal can instead of 9mm. You can always go down in size but not up. SpectreII is an awesome can and can handle 5.7 if neeeed.

But then the question is whether or not the .45 can will suppress 9mm the same or better than a 9mm can. So will a Tirant 45 suppress 9mm the same/better as a Tirant 9? Same goes for .300AAC.

But then the question is whether or not the .45 can will suppress 9mm the same or better than a 9mm can. So will a Tirant 45 suppress 9mm the same/better as a Tirant 9? Same goes for .300AAC.

Most of the 45 cans today will be fairly close in comparison soundwise to the 9mm cans, and many of them will offer 9mm end caps anyway. The Obsidian 45 mentioned earlier is the one I'd consider along with a Spectre II or a DeadAir Mask. Or if you want to stick to 9mm, look at the Griffin Revolution 9mm. And another do-it-all can to consider is the GA Alpha http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/product_p/gaalpha.htm

Unless you can find a dealer with a Tirant 9, AAC has discontinued it. They also don't warranty it for 300AAC. It's still one of the quietest pistol cans on the market though.

My 9mm can sounds good on my .22 and my .30 cal can sounds good on my 5.56. I do want a dedicated .22 so I can an extra suppressor and can out the 9mm can on a 9mm or another .22

My 45 can (TiRant 45) sounds very good on a 9mm. I shoot 5.56 and 7.62 thru both my Harvester 30 and ARC30. Harvester is a lot lighter due to construction and limitations.

Back
Top Bottom