• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Sigh"....don't go in the ocean.

All good and all, until you meet Land Sharks :pound:
e2b458dd8cb622fc4036c88b43f5b581.jpg
LOL, who lets the dogs out.....woof......woof.......

You know I stopped going far off shore after Jaws came out. It made me realize we're not alone out there...... If I can't see all around me, then I'm too far out. The other thing is to not be so far from safety you can't get there quickly. In a boat is another story though

I may have said this before but: as a child my father would take me into the gulf, Port St. Joe or Appalachacola, to go fishing. We'd take a John boat way out into whatever bay it was and find a sandbar, drop anchor and get out of the boat and stand on the sandbar. I'd be up to my chest and we'd fish for whatever. I'd have a stringer attached to my belt, and the sand sharks, hammer heads and shovel heads and some other sharks (black tip?) would come try to eat the fish on the stringer that is right there beside me.

My dad taught me to use my rod tip and pop the sharks on their sensitive nose to scare them off.

I had no fear of sharks.

Until Jaws came out.

Then I not only didn't want to get out of the boat, I didn't want to go out on the ocean in the boat!!!

I still swim in the ocean, but I have a lot of respect for the top of the food chain.

I may have said this before but: as a child my father would take me into the gulf, Port St. Joe or Appalachacola, to go fishing. We'd take a John boat way out into whatever bay it was and find a sandbar, drop anchor and get out of the boat and stand on the sandbar. I'd be up to my chest and we'd fish for whatever. I'd have a stringer attached to my belt, and the sand sharks, hammer heads and shovel heads and some other sharks (black tip?) would come try to eat the fish on the stringer that is right there beside me.

My dad taught me to use my rod tip and pop the sharks on their sensitive nose to scare them off.

I had no fear of sharks.

Until Jaws came out.

Then I not only didn't want to get out of the boat, I didn't want to go out on the ocean in the boat!!!

I still swim in the ocean, but I have a lot of respect for the top of the food chain.
Respect.......and there you go

Back
Top Bottom