• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig swat 556 review.

Sandybar

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
80   2
Reaction score
So I should preface the review with the understanding that I have owned and shot many different ar 15. From cheap ones or premium brands. I have shot sbr and suppressed rifles often. Having said that I recently acquired a sig swat 556. My first impression is that it was a very well put together and machines gun as good or better than other premium ar.
The trigger is amazing but it is a little in the heavy side for a 556.
I liked the folding stock which locks down solid and the rifle can fire while it is folded. I took it to the range and was Suprised by the smooth action and light recoil. Follow up shots where easy. I then put my suppressor on and shot 30 rounds fast. The rifle stayed on target and even better the amount if toxic gas blowback was much less than and ar 15. All in all I loved it. I may never need another 556 again. Reliability lack of a dirty chamber and Swiss engineering. If you get the chance test one out and see the difference.

The swat 556r in 7.62x39 is my favorite rifle in my safe. Has all the same quality of the 556 just harder hitting and accepts ak mags. Glad you got your self one. Can't go wrong with a sig!

Even the 522 is amazing. I've had more issues with my lever action 22 than my 522 swat. It never jams! And I've put thousands of the cheapest ammo I could find through it! Sigh..... Those were the good old days..... Now I just gotta get a hold of the 556r XI.

Back
Top Bottom