• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sig sauer 2022 vs beretta 92fs

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
i have got this ailment that makes me want to change guns alot

i just bought a sig sp2022 9mm last month and it has done everything right, i can shoot it well with my ammo (fiocchi 9mm 147 gr.) and it conceals nicely. the only complaint i have is that the 15 round magazines cost about $40 a piece

i was thinking of selling it for a Beretta 92fs 9mm. the 15 round magazines are about $20 and i hear good things about it but i was worried about the size difference

what do you folks think about the beretta 92fs, would i be trading up or down?

i hope this is the right forum

Last edited:
I have a Beretta 92fs and its a fine gun. Very accurate and reliable weapon, but I have fired the 2022 as well and it too is an awesome gun. Hard to say what's "better". If capacity is a concern I carry 92 with 18-rd flush fitting Optimum magazines from Mec-Gar.

i1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc401_mesinge2_My_20heaters_NoSN259mmBeretta92FS.jpg

How many mags are you needing? In the long run how much is it going to matter? I remember when I could buy new factory Glock mags for $12 a piece, prices on mags aren't going down, though Beretta mags are plentiful and relatively cheap, bought a bunch at my local army navy store for $5 a piece a few months back for training, the mags for the 2022 aren't so high as to be prohibitive in my opinion and I find it to be nearly as accurate as the 92.

Also, I would give CDNN a check and see what mags for the 2022 are running for, generally Sig mags when I have bought them for friends run around $33 a piece. Mec Gar I also believe makes mags for the 2022 as well.

when i go to the range i don't want to have to reload a magazine while im practicing so i like to have at least 5 magazines (15 round plus) available, i know it might sound like over-kill to some but i prefer to have loaded magazines available to me if i needed them

mesinge2 i like the sound of an 18 round magazine flush to the gun without sticking out extra like the over 17 round magazine did with my old p95

Last edited:
if anyone has a beretta92 i can shoot at the odt meetup next month, i ll let you shoot my sig 2022 in return

Last edited:
If I have a gun with two mags I go to the range with one mag. One mag stays loaded with hp and remains in the car, the other is unloaded and placed in the case. One thing you should practice a lot of at the range is reloading. Putting 5 rounds at a time in a mag helps you to build muscle memory in reloading as well as practice 5 shot groupings... plus your ammo goes faster if you have 75 rounds pre loaded vs 5 rounds at a time. The 92 is an awesome pistol but for carry purposes its a Tad bit heavy.

2022SP 9mm hands down! Ive been carying the 92 on duty for a while. That DA trigger pull is .....................yeah. 2022sp 9 or 40 best bang for the buck period! SIG comes factory with Trijicon sights. well made weapon!
i26.photobucket.com_albums_c108_01coltcolt_afgan012.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom