Should I sell Tacoma for wrangler?

Tacomas are the cockroaches of 4x4. Mine has been abused, pulled Jeeps out of crap they were stuck in, had the oil changed relegiously every 10-20k miles rather it needed it or not. I've done a starter, an alternator, ball joints, one timing belt and a u joint in 13 years and 293k miles. It's currently out of service because the clutch arm pivot finally wore through the clutch arm. Now mind you, the original clutch is still holding strong at 293k miles.... I have less than $500 maintenance (excluding brakes and oil) in my truck, and it will go ANYWHERE a stock jeep will go as long as it will physically fit with the longer wheel base.

I've owned both and love both. Tacoma will be great all areas and is a good highway truck too as well as look nasty when done right, but from my experience with both offroad hands down to my wrangler. Wouldn't pick any vehicle for the trails but a wrangler. Wranglers are also a lot cheaper to mod out. Only downside is wranglers are made for the trails so should you decide to mod it you gotta regear get SYE different shafts. Possibilities are limitless. Love my taco, but love my jeep more!

Back
Top Bottom