• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shotguns still suck for Self Defense.

You should start a thread on why meth sucks and cocaine is better
Easy.

tumblr_lm0ze5bt9e1qkwvs2o1_500.jpg

Cocain

meada.net_wp_content_uploads_2012_08_methgirl_corner.jpg

Meth

Let's see now, you have reduced the number of targets and increased the distance to give advantage to the shotgun. Hell, you even changed the load and the choke.

I guess if the bad guys cooperate exactly right, the shotgun works well. LOL!

Yep. And if he happens to be at the distances you like, and doesn’t move too much, the AR works well . LOL!

Just to keep you shotgun freaks happy, I just bought a Mossy 930 and ordered a +5 round mag extension, QD sling mounts, an over sized bolt handle and VTAC sling for it.

See what I'll do just to keep the peace on ODT? :rolleyes:

Dang. While you were out keeping the peace by buying a shotgun ...I was doing the same thing by buying this AR looking thingy by PWC.
https://www.primaryweapons.com/product-url-3248

I figured I might as well make the Glock guys happy too...do you call this a GLOCKAR?

Love and trust my 870s. 8 rounds of 4 buck, side saddle with 2 more and 4 slugs. I grew up hunting with an old beater wingmaster, and shoot a ton of skeet and sporting clays every now and again. I'm more comfortable with a shotty than a rifle or handgun. I can ring steel at 100 yards with my 20" smooth bore with rifle sights... I'll keep my home defense shotty thank you very little.

I know, this has come up before, but never had a dedicated thread.

Just watched "John Wick 2" again and it reminded me of this fact. They are slow, low capacity and a PITA to reload. The only positive they have (a big pattern to help clear a room) is a complete myth.

Maybe if the target is between 20 and 35 yards there is some advantage, but other than that they are crap. Everyone should just sell their SD shotguns and get a real weapon for SD/HD. A carbine rifle.
I invested an entire day at the range checking both semi and lump. At 10 yards, statist mac range for defensive shooting 2 3/4 00 patterns roughly the size of the B ring on in the chest area.

Smooth bore was slightly larger. I used 5 chokes on a Remington 1100 Tactical.
Medium choke gave the above pattern.

It is now my bed gun. It has a side saddle that holds 6 rounds. The gun holds 9 rounds! I have a surefire mounted and a sling.

Maybe it won't save John Wick in fantasy land, but it's hard to beat in the real world.
20180215_194659.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Too many holes in the sheetrock to fill in in too much blood splatter for me. I will stick to my nightstand handgun for home protection however, I do have a Mossberg Mariner handy just in case.

Did you get the Mariner so you could have it with you in the shower?

Back
Top Bottom