• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shotgun Suppressor from SilencerCo?

I've noticed ;)

There's no possible way a rod can be construed as an object that could silence a weapon....right?

Correct, just like it is perfectly legal for me to shoot any of my cans with some of the baffles sitting in my range bag. The design of this can though doesn't have an outer shell. The baffles snap together to make the outer shell.

Correct, just like it is perfectly legal for me to shoot any of my cans with some of the baffles sitting in my range bag. The design of this can though doesn't have an outer shell. The baffles snap together to make the outer shell.

legal, sure. The number of tax stamps required, unknown.

Do you need extra tax stamps to shoot your guardian 9 with some of the baffles out of it?

Does it require different metal rods to shoot my guardian with baffles outside of it?

Does my Guardian change length when I shoot with baffles out of it?

Why have numerous manufactures been shut down on modular cans before which fall under your same principles?

Modular cans are not new tech, they've just never been american. Norway has had modular pistol cans that could have a middle portion removed to go from full suppression to a micro can. RJF had to weld the baffles on their KSG suppressor together because the ATF said no to the modular platform, Cadiz gun works got the same treatment on their modular shotgun can(granted theirs was a more traditional design).

Does it require different metal rods to shoot my guardian with baffles outside of it?

Does my Guardian change length when I shoot with baffles out of it?

Why have numerous manufactures been shut down on modular cans before which fall under your same principles?

Modular cans are not new tech, they've just never been american. Norway has had modular pistol cans that could have a middle portion removed to go from full suppression to a micro can. RJF had to weld the baffles on their KSG suppressor together because the ATF said no to the modular platform, Cadiz gun works got the same treatment on their modular shotgun can(granted theirs was a more traditional design).

If you are looking for logic bro the ATF is the wrong place to look. Why are SBRs regulated when the Mares Leg (the exact thing they were trying to regulate in 1934),which is far more concealable is not, even though it is more concealable than its SBR counterpart?

The ATF doesn't have to make sense bro.

If you are looking for logic bro the ATF is the wrong place to look. Why are SBRs regulated when the Mares Leg (the exact thing they were trying to regulate in 1934), AR & AK pistols which are far more concealable are not even though they are more concealable than their SBR counterparts?

The ATF doesn't have to make sense bro.

I'm not looking for logic as much as precedence. They've kept modular cans, which could only attach to other parts of that can, out of consumers hands before.

I'm not looking for logic as much as precedence. They've kept modular cans, which could only attach to other parts of that can, out of consumers hands before.

I don't know. The ATF confuses the hell out of me most of the time. One moment it seems like they are getting super lax on their determinations and they are allowing the slidefire, sigbrace, 26" PGO shotguns, and even go as far as to say shouldering the sig brace is legal. Then the next minute they are ruling a muzzle brake a silencer and telling a manufacture they can't make it.

Hell, I still don't understand how the KX3 isn't considered a silencer.

These quotes were apparently from someone at the unveiling
Basically you have two large threaded rods that actually hold the can together and a set of 8 rods that guide the wads. All that is required for disassembly is a provided hex wrench.

The only catch is that you have to buy a rod kit for each length(6",8",and 10") which will retail for $50 (includes the 2 attaching rods and 8 guide rods.
I believe the serialized part of the suppressor is the first piece that actually threads into the shotgun. It will essentially be a 12" suppressor with three removable 2" sections. (Giving you the 6", 8", 10" and 12" sizes) The 4" serialized section and the 2" end cap are the only 2 pieces that are required for the suppressor to function.

Back
Top Bottom