• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Short Video of the AK47

Always send me a pm
I have one that may be available soon. It is the stainless model with the folding stainless stock. What is a fair market value in your mind?
I also have a couple of STEYR SMG 9MM that may be available at the same time. Not opposed to a package deal.
Let me know you thoughts.
All federal license requirements will apply.

Only thing about the Ruger AC556 is that it is proprietary with only using Ruger mags. PMags and drums dont work. Taking them down to clean is a small task also. KAC556F is probably the most sought after model being full stainless including the folder. Also Ruger doesnt service them FYI.

Speaking of KAC556F, here is mine next to the AK in the Video. They are sexy, but I agree with the mags. You only want to use factory mags with them. Unfortunetly, they only come blued, so I'm currently starting to make NIB mags, that undergo Electroless Nickel PTFE, to both match in color, have extreeme corrosion resistance and self lubricated.

1.jpg

4.jpg
9.jpg

Sweet! I was leaning this way, but committed to the FNC. Not any better in FNH support, as they dont service them either. But I like the 3 round burst better. And Al Pacino in Heat!

Speaking of KAC556F, here is mine next to the AK in the Video. They are sexy, but I agree with the mags. You only want to use factory mags with them. Unfortunetly, they only come blued, so I'm currently starting to make NIB mags, that undergo Electroless Nickel PTFE, to both match in color, have extreeme corrosion resistance and self lubricated.

View attachment 3032475

View attachment 3032476 View attachment 3032479

Sweet! I was leaning this way, but committed to the FNC. Not any better in FNH support, as they dont service them either. But I like the 3 round burst better. And Al Pacino in Heat!

Great choice! I agree. I started off with a 7.5K budget, and back then it was either between a FNC or KAC556. I chose FNC, as it is more of an military gun where AC556 is LE. Plus it did great in the military trials in Alaska and had an adjustable gasblock. Down side is available spare parts like the prone to fail firing pin (though there are aftermarket options now), miscellaneous springs, tid-bits. Both FNC and AC have issues with solid rail solutions. Though I think lately that has been resolved. So out of those two I picked the FNC first, then bought the AC556 a year later.

Here is mine. It is one of the 1000 Howco imports, then converted by S&H (Sear)

fnc1.jpg
FNC2.jpg

FNC3.jpg

FNC4.jpg

FNC5.jpg

FNC6.jpg

Attachments

• FNC6.jpg
    FNC6.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2
So JELLY!! Did yours come with the 3 round burst already installed? I would like to run suppressed at times. I'd love to get some trigger time before I drop that much coin for one. I know they get hot after 2-3 mags so I would like to mount a fore-grip to help in that department. How long have you had it? Shoot it much? Local FFL sold it? I know, a lot of questions like Sally Jessie Raphael talk show.

Great choice! I agree. I started off with a 7.5K budget, and back then it was either between a FNC or KAC556. I chose FNC, as it is more of an military gun where AC556 is LE. Plus it did great in the military trials in Alaska and had an adjustable gasblock. Down side is available spare parts like the prone to fail firing pin (though there are aftermarket options now), miscellaneous springs, tid-bits. Both FNC and AC have issues with solid rail solutions. Though I think lately that has been resolved. So out of those two I picked the FNC first, then bought the AC556 a year later.

Here is mine. It is one of the 1000 Howco imports, then converted by S&H (Sear)

View attachment 3032532 View attachment 3032533
View attachment 3032534
View attachment 3032535
View attachment 3032536
View attachment 3032537

So JELLY!! Did yours come with the 3 round burst already installed? I would like to run suppressed at times. I'd love to get some trigger time before I drop that much coin for one. I know they get hot after 2-3 mags so I would like to mount a fore-grip to help in that department. How long have you had it? Shoot it much? Local FFL sold it? I know, a lot of questions like Sally Jessie Raphael talk show.

It did not come with 3rnd burst installed. As with many, they were marked by Flemming to have S, 1, 3, A, but did not have the 3rnd internals. They only came in S, 1, A. The 3rnd burst kit I bought aftermarket from TBAsuppressors, installed it before ever firing a round through the gun. I highly recommend that kit, and I'm sure it is better quality/mfg-process/materials than the original kit stamped in the 1970s. The gun came from an estate sale in Maine. Brand new, no evidence of a mag being inserted in the magwell, let alone chambered. That's why I just used p-mags, to keep the magwell in the pristine condition, though I fired it many times. Even went boar hunting in Augusta with it "Heat" style ;). Fellow hunters said it sounded like Vietnam, but I got two of them in seconds. It does get hot, and I've melted a guncase with it, not giving it enough time to cool down. Aside from the melted soft case, I had the pleasure of spending an hour carefully scraping off the melted plastic off the barrel. I got the gun in 2011, and it is definetly a bucketlist gun that you want to keep forever. The M16 is a better option but a lot more expensive. However, the FNC has alot more cool factor, and intrigues a lot more people than any of my M16s. You can never go wrong with an FNC, whether you're just stepping up to "real" level transferable assault rifles, or are a multi-million $ advanced collector that lacks an FNC to put on his wall. It is desirable across the spectrum.

I doubt TBA Suppressors have anymore of the 3 round burst kits. Good info and some that I see for sale have the markings for 4 positions but just have Safe-Semi-Full. Your gun is married to your host? Or you can divorce and put it in another host if needed since the sear is registered correct?

It did not come with 3rnd burst installed. As with many, they were marked by Flemming to have S, 1, 3, A, but did not have the 3rnd internals. They only came in S, 1, A. The 3rnd burst kit I bought aftermarket from TBAsuppressors, installed it before ever firing a round through the gun. I highly recommend that kit, and I'm sure it is better quality/mfg-process/materials than the original kit stamped in the 1970s. The gun came from an estate sale in Maine. Brand new, no evidence of a mag being inserted in the magwell, let alone chambered. That's why I just used p-mags, to keep the magwell in the pristine condition, though I fired it many times. Even went boar hunting in Augusta with it "Heat" style ;). Fellow hunters said it sounded like Vietnam, but I got two of them in seconds. It does get hot, and I've melted a guncase with it, not giving it enough time to cool down. Aside from the melted soft case, I had the pleasure of spending an hour carefully scraping off the melted plastic off the barrel. I got the gun in 2011, and it is definetly a bucketlist gun that you want to keep forever. The M16 is a better option but a lot more expensive. However, the FNC has alot more cool factor, and intrigues a lot more people than any of my M16s. You can never go wrong with an FNC, whether you're just stepping up to "real" level transferable assault rifles, or are a multi-million $ advanced collector that lacks an FNC to put on his wall. It is desirable across the spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom