• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Short,Fat,Long,Tall,Thin,Thick,Big or Small

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
I carry every so often. Would rather carry more than I do but, sometimes I just don't feel like it. Biggest reasons I don't carry are comfort and work. Can't do much about the work part but, comfort I can control.

I usually wear a OWB paddle holster and carry an XDs .45. I would like some feedback in what is your favorite gun to carry and your favorite way to wear it.

So far I am considering purchasing a holster to cross draw because, I am in the car a lot. I like the XDs size but, would rather carry my Glock 23 because of the round count. I am more of a .45 guy but am not going to bash a 9mm since I can put more rounds in a target quicker with a 9mm than a .45. Verdict is still out on the .40 since I haven't shot it as much.

So do you trade rounds for comfort? Is IWB a better option for you than OWB? Do you drop to a 9mm or single stack to get a lighter gun? ect... Thanks for any feedback.

Try a glock 32. I am and have always been a .45 or bigger guy, but the 357 sig ia a badass round and uses .40 mags. As for carry, a crossbreed holster custom made with enough tilt will take care of the cross draw part. PM me with a phone number, name, and time to call and I'll give you the perfect solution for whatever gun you'd like to carry.

Try a glock 32. I am and have always been a .45 or bigger guy, but the 357 sig ia a badass round and uses .40 mags. As for carry, a crossbreed holster custom made with enough tilt will take care of the cross draw part. PM me with a phone number, name, and time to call and I'll give you the perfect solution for whatever gun you'd like to carry.

I have an SW shield in .40. I carry it every so often. .357 sig is almost as hard to find as .22 ammo

Glock 27 in a Aegis Armory IWB holster at 5 o'clock. 5.11 operator(I'm not one, just the name of the style of belt lol) belt. 5ft 10in and 160lbs. Rides comfy. Had to get a little used to it but, have carried it for 10+ hrs. with no issues. I carried a G23 for a few years and it conceals just as easy as the G27. I don't notice a difference.

It's all about the holster and the belt....don't skimp on either when it comes to quality.

Last edited:
Good holster and good belt since you already have a good carry gun.

I carry a shield 9mm in a comptac minotaur at about 4 o'clock.

I'm not a fan of cross draw because you end up sweeping what ever is in front of you during the draw stroke.but that's just my opinion.

I guess I'm gonna have to narrow my options. I have several pistols and don't want to drop $50 for each one.

Still not sure about crossdraw either but, so far it feels more natural and "seems" quicker.

I carry a sig sp2022 but my favorite carry gun is a s&w 642 in a bianchi model 57 owb. Very light and conceals with just a tshirt.
And yes i will sacrifice firepower for comfort i'm confident that 5 rnds of .38 +p will stop an attacker

In cooler months I carry a compact .45 in a versa-carry rig.

My Ruger LCP is always in my front pocket.

Good luck in your choice!

Carrying a rock island compact 1911 in an aegis armory hybrid holster and a 5.11 leather belt. Around 2.5 pounds loaded and it rides great with a good holster and belt other carry is a g26 in a hybrid holster made by a local guy here in Alabama

Back
Top Bottom