• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting at LAX

Could it be that because shooting are so widely publicized (in order to push tougher gun control), it inadvertently inspires other mentally unbalanced people to do the same? Like a really twisted meme. I mean what better way to end your life and get all the attention you want than to shoot up a crowded building. It's sick. And what fuels the fire more is all these supposedly anti depression meds that cause suicidal tendencies. How does that work again?

Very logical. Good questions.

Well that's going to throw a wrench in their "guns = bad / cop = good" narrative. I predict, if true, this story will get buried quickly.

Seriously. You know Feinstein is thrilled right now that this happened. She can't wait to bring this up and use this tragedy to push her agenda.

Fox news was just reporting that the suspect had connections to TSA, but was unclear if he was a former TSA agent or was still associated with TSA.

I've done absolutely no research to substantiate this, but my thought is the shootings are no more prevalent than in the past. We certainly hear about all these events faster because of technology and in more mediums. Every time there is a shark attack, you hear about it. I had watched a 20/20 episode a long time ago where people believe that shark attacks are on the rise when in reality they have declined. If you have something shoved in your face all the time, you will believe it is a bigger problem or more prevalent than in the past. I'd also question what makes a story national headlines vs. local news. Certainly a shooting at LAX is a rare event, but why does that get more coverage than the drive by shooting that kills more people? Media outlets are in the business of making money, which means they have to sensationalize to attract more viewers.

Back
Top Bottom