Shepard Smith

Yep. I know the lady he hit. She was trying to save a parking space for a friend by standing in it during the 2000 Election Recounts hoopla in Tallahassee. He played "chicken" with her and she didn't budge, so he ran her over. Criminal charges were dropped, BTW.

He's a jackass on many fronts, IMHO.

Shep has some sugar in his tank, if you know what I mean.

I have to admit I was surprised when I heard he is gay. I always figured Anderson Cooper was - but Shepard Smith was a shocker.

I am not sure he is gay.

I just think he looks like the kind of guy who would hold one in his mouth 'til the swelling went down.

(Just saying.)

Can you guys give some specific examples of things Shep's done to piss you off? I am serious. Please inform me. I'm not saying he isn't what you guys are saying, I'm just don't know about it.

thats funny, i was thinking the same thing. i dont realy give a **** either way, but i am halfway thru this thread and not one person has actually said anything about the guy except "he's a wuss".

Yes he's a nut wack, but the lady saving a parking spot by standing in it?..........come on, you know that ain't gonna fly with most people on the ethics committee.

Yes he's a nut wack, but the lady saving a parking spot by standing in it?..........come on, you know that ain't gonna fly with most people on the ethics committee.

She is a member of the press corps, too. She's pretty far left of center, but generally a nice lady.

Tallahasee was an utter zoo when that Gore v. Bush stuff was going on. Normally, there are no satilight trucks around the Capitol, except during our 60-day Session, and then it's only a half dozen, but during November & December 2000, there were literally a 100+ satilight trucks all around, broadcasting news in many languages to every part of the world. They actually closed some streets around the Capitol & Supreme Court (directly behind the Capitol) and used those roads for satilight truck and media parking. The City had to set up temporary power poles for them to hook into... cables running everywhere, sort of like what you see at a fair. There were media trucks, charter buses, LEO vehicles everywhere, and cops, spectators, tourists, protestors by the tens of thousands. There were massive organized events, primarily the Democrats busing in Union Workers, some with as many as 50K people showing up. All in all, Tallahassee was a surreal place during that time. In any event, that is the context of the "Shep runs over Maureen" story.

At that time my office was directly across the street (<100') from the Florida Press Center, so every day I'd see the who's who of the media coming and going from press conferences. The Bush legal team "staged" in my conference room regularly prior their appearances at the Press Center. I know some of the FL lawyers from both the Gore and Bush legal teams (they used well-known FL attorneys that had experience in front of the Florida Supreme Court). It was a cool part of history to witness close up.

This sort of stuff may be routine in DC, but not in Tallahassee. In DC, the scale of things is so different.. it's massive. For example, the National Mall is huge... 2 miles x 1/2 mile from the Capitol to the Washington Monument, 2 miles x 3/4 mile from the monument to the Lincoln Memorial, and 1 3/4 miles x 3/4 mile from the monument to the White House. And that's not counting all of the other parks that exist all around the National Mall. That's why 50,000 people hardly show up as a rally in DC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom