• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seven Mile Bridge. Florida Keys.

Which fish ya chasing? Tarpon? Snapper? Sharks....lots of Big Sharks in Moser.

Here are some starter spots from Keys maritime market, not comprehensive but the shading on the maps with the different species may help get you started.

IMG_0134.jpegIt was mostly about the tarpon when I was there. The main water chanel. There are plenty of other species around. There plenty of bridges too. I managed to catch some hogfish which thoroughly impressed the locals. Supposedly they are tough to catch.IMG_0130.jpeg

Which fish ya chasing? Tarpon? Snapper? Sharks....lots of Big Sharks in Moser.

Here are some starter spots from Keys maritime market, not comprehensive but the shading on the maps with the different species may help get you started.

THANKS! Just saw this.

Been fishing in the Marathon area of the Keys for 25 years. Don't limit yourself to the bridges. There is awesome fishing out on the edge of the reef for yellowtail snapper, mutton snapper and an occasional grouper. Get out to 250' - 300' of water (just a few miles past the reef) and the dolphin fishing can be off the charts in the spring and very early summer. We've caught a few sailfish in 125' of water just off the edge of the reef in May and early June. All of these areas are doable with a 20' center console on the right day. Just watch the weather, storms build up quick down there.

As was said earlier, get a good chart of the area and watch your navigational buoys. Very easy to run aground all around the Marathon area. Watch the current if you cut through the Vaca Cut from the Atlantic to the Gulf. It is very deceiving and moving faster than it looks.

Shoot me a PM if you want, I think I still have a few good numbers for some bottom spots on the Atlantic side.
Good luck and have fun ! Have had many awesome trips down there and my all time favorite fishing grounds !

Back
Top Bottom