• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Serious question for the sports fans

Sports are the idol of this country. It really is sad to think how many grown men sit around and spew stats of teams/players but cant/wont invest in their own family, career or community. They live vicariously through overpaid, over sensationalized athletes who run their mouth about off the field topics theyre totally ignorant about. And whatever they say is GOLD! It really blows my mind. Rant over now that Ive insulted half this forum.

We all need outlets to escape work and pressures of life. Unfortunately, sometimes that outlet becomes too much an emphasis in daily focus. It's funny how much we can put into something we as fans have zero effect on the outcome.

Basketball fan. Whether it is middle school, high school or college, I enjoy the game of basketball. Played in high school, decent player, one year of college ball at a small college. It was painfully obvious that I was not good enough to play even on the small college level. Was a high school basketball referee for...well...nearly 20 years. I still will occasionally referee a church league game, but those are few and far between. I would have to say college basketball is my favorite sport to watch.

ok some solid answers

i was seriously wondering because, especially with the atlanta united fan base, i find there are alot of "sports" fans who will get very vested in a professional level sport but have never played it previously nor would they

Been an Alabama fan my whole life...my family is from ala. And with that your either a ROLL TIDE or WAR EAGLE..I can't be a Auburn fan...growing up I wanted to play for THE BEAR or be a pro wrestler...THE BEAR RETIRED then pasted away...so there went that dream,plus I wasnt that good. So pro wrestling was the next thing...loved my dream for 22yrs....and I feel truly blessed for it..and I believe you dont have to be on a team of college ball to be a die hard fan... how bout all the GLOCK fans around,90%of them never worked for glock...lol

I was a swimsuit model (it IS a sport checkout Sports Illustrated :)) as a kid (not me below, but not kidding) almost 50 years ago.
I still swim every summer and take at least 7 showers a week... without a swimsuit... :pound:
flip flops borrowed from @Paynefree
swimsuit model.jpg

I love College basketball but haven't picked up a ball since my kids graduated high school. I'd have to say my favorite is golf since every player is 100% responsible for his own success. There is no getting by on reputation like some of the washed up ballplayers. I still get out on the course a few times a year.

We all need outlets to escape work and pressures of life. Unfortunately, sometimes that outlet becomes too much an emphasis in daily focus. It's funny how much we can put into something we as fans have zero effect on the outcome.

That's how I think of politics.

Back
Top Bottom