• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Serializing 80%

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
Anyone know the process of serializing your 80 lower?
Anyone do engraving in the Gainesville to Toccoa area?

Looking for answers to my questions, not a debate.

Thanks ODT collective.

I've got two..one I'm thinking about putting up for trade. Just want to play by whatever flavor of rules are in place at the moment. Lord knows they (rules not laws) change daily lately.
I’m still a little hazy but from what I understood you don’t even have to engrave it’s just the FFL that takes ownership I need to read the bs rules 2 or 3 more times lol

FFLs can take in a post-GCA68 unserialized gun under the new rules, but for a private sale you will need to serialize it yourself. I don't think that part has even changed.

As far as process - pick letters or numbers that works for you and preferably are unique as a SN. Engrave it (if you want it done nicely) or scratch into it with an awl if you want. That's it - done. There's nothing else to do.

As far as if you have to - no you don't, but it's never a bad idea to have something on it in the event that it were stolen, you choose to sell it, etc. I've got all of my 80's serialized mainly because it's better to have them engraved before anodizing (in the case of a lower). "Ghost Gun" doesn't necessarily mean devoid of Serial Number - it means it can't be tracked back to the mfg, regardless of who made it.

Back
Top Bottom