• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Semi CCW recs?

Internal safety...
brain-barrier.jpg

When I was recently shopping for a full size carry gun, I found that the three I liked best were all available in shorter-barreled and shorter-grip versions.

The ones that felt best to me were:

SPringfield's XD series (but some of these don't have a manual thumb safety, unless you go up to a 4" barrel size)

Ruger SR9 / SR40 guns

Smith & Wesson's M&P pistols (more expensive than the others, but still in your $600 budget easily).

CZ Hk or FN. The M&P's are nice but if you must have a safety there's no need in being stuck with a striker fired trigger. Get something with a crisp single action trigger.

Completely agree, and any of those 3 would be good choices. I would not overlook the 92, though. They're great pistols. Of all the ones listed I would probably take the CZ. I shot one for the first time the other day and now, I have noticed, I am looking at CZ's a lot more often. Outstanding shooters. I do believe I may be a fan boy in the making.

cz75b or bd
1. external safety (try and control yourselves)
2. 9mm
3. they have a shorter barlled version, compact version
4.different grips available plus but it's worked for police forces and military in europe a long time
5. 13+ capacity
6. Sub $600ish

CZ 75D is a compact with steel frame and thumb safety
PCR and P-01 are the 75 compact with alloy frame and de-cocker (so basically are BD models), should be 14 +1 capacity, at least my P-01 is.

All right, I realize this is going to hurt the fanboys but lets here what you recommend that meets the following requirements:

1. external safety (try and control yourselves)
2. 9mm or 40 (yeah I said it) or soul killer
3. easily concealable
4. good fit for someone with bigger hands than Donald Trump
5. 12+ capacity
6. Sub $600ish

Ready, set.... geaux.

If you could ease up on #s 5 & 6, the first generation SA EMP would be very nice. I've seen good condition used EMPs go for 7 and some change.

Back
Top Bottom