• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Semi Auto Pony show Thread...no dogs allowed!

Here's my only Colt [for now]
i40.tinypic.com_25i6f4p.jpg

So here's my baby. Since everyone on here has some gorgeous, gorgeous 19's I thought I'd throw mine into the mix. She's a shooter, but one with a story.

Story goes: Long story short, I left a lot of good people down here when I joined the army. Thankfully, I end up back down here and most are still here. I'm a bartender at a restaurant, and one of my regulars offered me this piece for $450. He told me, "I was never a soldier, but I'm thankful you are. I really appreciate what you did for our country. I've got this old gun, and I've had a couple of offers on it. But I'd really like to offer it to you, if you'd be interested." I of course was instantly interested, and this is what he showed me.......
2012-04-11 01.17.18.jpg2012-04-11 01.19.59.jpg2012-04-11 01.20.51.jpg2012-04-11 01.16.38.jpg

This Colt was Manufactured in 1939, and issued I believe in 1942, to an unknown army NCO. This NCO deployed to the Philippines some time in 1943 as part of an infantry unit. He was wounded, and put on a ship to be sent back home. Apparently he was wounded bad enough, that he knew he wasn't going back. My friends uncle was a petty officer 2nd class on this ship. I don't know the name of the ship, I know would be much cooler. The NCO sold the pistol to my friends uncle, and he managed to make it back to the states with it, and keep it all these years. He actually kept it in a garage, and didn't really know proper gun care. So, it had some pitting that can be seen, and some rust. He had it refinished, and kept it in his truck. He saw me working back at the bar, and offered it to me. I had him the cash the next day. It's in great shape. Nearest I can tell, it has all the original parts except the magazine and holster. Since the collector value is gone, I went ahead and changed the springs out for some Wilson's. Shoots like a dream. Amazing to hold and fire a piece of history like that.

09 production custom Delta Elite by Bruce Gray (forgive my horrible pictures)

i44.tinypic.com_2v17vk5.jpg

i39.tinypic.com_11w35uh.jpg

Here's a rundown of everything that was done:

-BarSto Match Target 10mm barrel
-Kart barrel bushing
-EGW plug
-Novak front and rear sight cuts (10-8 rear and gold bead front)
-action work with Wilson hammer, 10-8 long trigger, Wilson sear, EGW disconnector
-EGW square firing pin stop
-Wilson grip safety
-fit and blend EGW barstock wide safety
-30 LPI front strap (hand checkered)
-Brown flat mainspring housing (hand checkered 30 LPI to match front)
-50 LPI serrations on rear of slide to match sight
-EGW slide stop, checkered top and bottom
-EGW Checkered SS Mag release
-slide to frame fit touchup
-regrind slide radius, polish, French border
-slide ball cuts on spring tunnel
-tune extractor
-line straightening, light dehorning
-bevel magwell
-detail polish and fine bead blast refinishing
-spare Ed Brown extractor
-thin grip bushings
-Alumagrips thin grips with Delta medallions (Randy @ 1911-grips.com)

So here's my baby. Since everyone on here has some gorgeous, gorgeous 19's I thought I'd throw mine into the mix. She's a shooter, but one with a story.

Story goes: Long story short, I left a lot of good people down here when I joined the army. Thankfully, I end up back down here and most are still here. I'm a bartender at a restaurant, and one of my regulars offered me this piece for $450. He told me, "I was never a soldier, but I'm thankful you are. I really appreciate what you did for our country. I've got this old gun, and I've had a couple of offers on it. But I'd really like to offer it to you, if you'd be interested." I of course was instantly interested, and this is what he showed me.......
View attachment 95530View attachment 95531View attachment 95532View attachment 95533

This Colt was Manufactured in 1939, and issued I believe in 1942, to an unknown army NCO. This NCO deployed to the Philippines some time in 1943 as part of an infantry unit. He was wounded, and put on a ship to be sent back home. Apparently he was wounded bad enough, that he knew he wasn't going back. My friends uncle was a petty officer 2nd class on this ship. I don't know the name of the ship, I know would be much cooler. The NCO sold the pistol to my friends uncle, and he managed to make it back to the states with it, and keep it all these years. He actually kept it in a garage, and didn't really know proper gun care. So, it had some pitting that can be seen, and some rust. He had it refinished, and kept it in his truck. He saw me working back at the bar, and offered it to me. I had him the cash the next day. It's in great shape. Nearest I can tell, it has all the original parts except the magazine and holster. Since the collector value is gone, I went ahead and changed the springs out for some Wilson's. Shoots like a dream. Amazing to hold and fire a piece of history like that.

Very nice, cool story too!

img.tapatalk.com_4c614873_e67d_8709.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_4c614873_e690_a10c.jpg

This is my baby. Her name is Eva. My wife is always jealous :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334961634623.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334961634623.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334961652101.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334961652101.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 13
Back