• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling or recycling bulk 5.56/223 brass?

skygao

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
80   0
Reaction score
Curious how folks handle their bulk brass that they won't use. I'm a goblin at the range after rifle matches and pick up a good bit of 5.56. I wet tumble before depriming and without steel media (since steel pins get stuck in 5.56 too easily), and then generally do some light sorting for the head stamps I'll usually see a lot of (LC, PMC, PPU, etc.).

At this point I'm centralizing around my now large box of LC brass and don't know what to do with the rest. It's unprocessed, cleaner than range brass due to the tumble, but with primers in so of course no cleaning to the primer pocket. Brass recycling is around $2/lb of brass (~75 pieces of 5.56) or about $26.50 per 1000. Do people pay any more than that for 5.56 brass in this condition?

Debating if it's worth sorting all these other head stamps or if I ought to just be plucking out my LC and throwing the rest in a recycling bucket or mixed headstamp bag to sell.

I wonder how my partner will feel about the 5 Gal bucket of brass laying around being labeled an "investment" 😆
Dude. I must have 15 - 5 gallon buckets of .223 brass and just took delivery on 18,000 pcs of primed Lake City .308 brass.

Go full retard or go home, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom