• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Seems like times are tough right now

There were times we wouldn't have been able to buy what we needed without a credit card. Like a refrigerator. But we paid it off as fast as we could
Credit cards are like a firearm, Everyone should have at least one good one with the understanding that it can get you into trouble very quickly but it can also get you out of a tight spot. Use it wisely not foolishly.

I don't know what everyone is talking about. I live in a rural area on a dirt road and some builder just came in and built 10 houses, all around half a million bucks each. 7 have sold and the others should as soon as they are done. And I live out in the country.

There seems to be plenty of work and jobs for people who are willing to get a marketable skill and work hard. No, not basket weaving or film study, but diesel mechanics, electricians, welders or anything with computers. My nephew is in his mid 20's and already makes a six figure salary as a mechanical engineer.

There is money out there for the taking if you're willing to work hard and have a desirable skill. None of my neighbors have a college degree, but they have super nice houses and earn very good livings.

Yes sir. I bought what I needed and could afford. I was selling auto parts 8 to 6 - 6 days a week and making 125.00 before taxes. Life was good! Never thought a thing about it. Don’t remember the square footage but it couldn’t have been more than 600. Small kitchen, living room that was small and two bedrooms. Had a floor furnace and a small gas heater in the living area. Window fans for cooling at night.View attachment 6539983
whoa!! Been renovated with an addition on the left. Zillow records state it last sold for $225,000.
Good times

Less Than 1% of homes are owned by corporations
Oh? Like all these post modern comblocks that are being built everywhere? The ones that are gentrifying formerly rural areas by causing property tax to jump what? 40%? What happens when you fill an area with people who have no connection to the community and make the life of the locals harder? Oh look the same problem is happening nationally. America is failing because those that make up its soul are being destroyed

When you find it could you sell me 5 acres so I can have a bug out place with some peace around it

Let's do it the old fashioned way. I will retain ownership of the land but I will allow you to farm it on the condition that I get to take most of your crops. Also you have to refer to me as Lord Streetroc and when you get married I get to smash your wife on your wedding night.

I don't know what everyone is talking about. I live in a rural area on a dirt road and some builder just came in and built 10 houses, all around half a million bucks each. 7 have sold and the others should as soon as they are done. And I live out in the country.

There seems to be plenty of work and jobs for people who are willing to get a marketable skill and work hard. No, not basket weaving or film study, but diesel mechanics, electricians, welders or anything with computers. My nephew is in his mid 20's and already makes a six figure salary as a mechanical engineer.

There is money out there for the taking if you're willing to work hard and have a desirable skill. None of my neighbors have a college degree, but they have super nice houses and earn very good livings.
Money is still flowing and being spent. I don't get it. I see houses built, houses being swept off the market immediately, drive out tags and people traveling.

I agree that willing to work hard and desirable or marketable skills are required. I have been in the auto parts/customer service/service writer role for 30 years. I have done automotive, motorcycle/atv, aircraft and tractor. I can sell parts and my customers love and trust me but I have no marketable skill. I have the money to quit my job at this moment but have no idea what I would do. I sent out resumes a year or so ago and reached out to folks and came up with nothing outside of parts. I find it funny when you hear everyone is hiring but just being willing to work and teachable doesnt necessarily get your foot in the door anymore.

Let's do it the old fashioned way. I will retain ownership of the land but I will allow you to farm it on the condition that I get to take most of your crops. Also you have to refer to me as Lord Streetroc and when you get married I get to smash your wife on your wedding night.

I hope he marries a fatty

Money is still flowing and being spent. I don't get it. I see houses built, houses being swept off the market immediately, drive out tags and people traveling.

I agree that willing to work hard and desirable or marketable skills are required. I have been in the auto parts/customer service/service writer role for 30 years. I have done automotive, motorcycle/atv, aircraft and tractor. I can sell parts and my customers love and trust me but I have no marketable skill. I have the money to quit my job at this moment but have no idea what I would do. I sent out resumes a year or so ago and reached out to folks and came up with nothing outside of parts. I find it funny when you hear everyone is hiring but just being willing to work and teachable doesnt necessarily get your foot in the door anymore.

I recently applied for 60 jobs ( just curious to see what I would hear back ) all local jobs that I am qualified for

I have ten years of sales / account executive experience and a four year ksu degree…

I got one phone interview that went one round , zero other interactions.

Every job application asked me what color I am and if I was gay or tranny … reverse racism!!!

Very , very scary stuff

Back
Top Bottom