Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
OK, ODT...as always, a couple of caveats:

1) The base weapon for this build will be a Yugo PAP M92PV. Not interested in "Have you thought about a Draco?" Yes, I have, and I wanted to go this route.

2) I am looking at this weapon as a life investment...sure, I could sell it but I figure that most folks will want to do their own rather than buy someone else's project.

3) I am somewhat reticent to begin hacking away at the receiver as that is somewhat of a permanent and irrevocable change.

So.....as I see it, I have four major options: two less authentic than the other and one of those two being much less desireable than the other. So while I wait on my Form 1 to clear......

Option A:

Take the stock as is and drill and tap the rear trunion plate for an ACE FSM-PB.
[Broken External Image]:
This would allow me access to any of ACE's modular folding stocks and would be a very simple install. The downside is that the Yugo trunion isn't quite perpendicular so the stock wouldn't be in perfect alignment with the rifle....someone would argue that it is not an issue (reference romaninan underfolders) but it is something to think about.

Photo Example:
www.impactguns.com_data_default_images_catalog_535_bhi_BH_M92SBR_002.jpg

Option B:

Replace the underfolder trunnion in the M92PV with an M70 Yugo rear trunion and then add an ACE AKRBY to that trunnion.
M72%20Rear%20Trunnion%20Block.jpg
[Broken External Image]:
This would allow me access to an original wood or polymer (non-folding) stock with just the M70 trunion on it - or - by adding the ACE adapter, I could go to the folding stock option as well....so basically with very little modification to the receiver, I could have the ability to swap (fairly easily) between fixed and folding. Frankly, I can't really see any cons to this approach and it is the one toward which I am most heavily leaning.

Photo Example:
This:
www.arsenalinc.com_usa_images_D_sa_m_7sfk_sbr.jpg

Or this(minues the faux suppressor):
i720.photobucket.com_albums_ww205_trizzbizzle_krinky_1.jpg

Option C or "I know what Soviet is going to pick:"

One word. Krink. Get a Bulgarian surplus triangle folder, find a duckbill flash hider, polish up my dremel skills and make teh sexor AK SBR. I know, I know....I want to. But what gets me is that if I go this route, I'm stuck, forever, with a metal triangle folding stock....and I'm not sure I want to do that....and before you say buy two, my pockets aren't that deep!

Photo Example:
[Broken External Image]:

Option D or "What I feel like I really want:"

But again, it's permanent. AK100 folding stock with Bulgy 4 piece flash hider.

Photo Example:
i201.photobucket.com_albums_aa246_destateklu_Bulgy762Krink.jpg

So, ODT, what say you?

Last edited:
Option B. The versatility is why I picked it and it's what I would do if I were building it for myself.

Where is your serial number? I had to dump the whole SBR idea with my PAP and go with a forearm brace. I wanted an underfolder or triangle side folder though. I may still buy a new Nodak receiver and use my M92 as a parts kit to build the Krink I want.

Last edited:
Why? Even if the serial is on the rear, you can still go SBR.
My serial number is in an area that would either be covered by the underfolder, or a rivet for the sidefolder would be right through the middle of it. My only option is the Ace or buy a new receiver. I hate the Ace so it is not an option. Can't believe the idiots at century put the SN where they did.

Back
Top Bottom