• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Security cameras

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
I have just developed a critical need for interior security cameras.

What is the best in terms of

1. availability

2. storage capacity

3, ease of installation

cost is not much of a consideration, I want the best, especially in terms of resolution. I see videos on line all the time, and the resolution is so low you can't tell who is in it.

Any advice on quirks would be greatly appreciated.

SimpliSafe has pretty dependable cameras. I actually have their indoor cameras mounted outside using their outdoor kit. They have since come out with true outdoor cameras.

Probably Wi Fi,
I've honestly had them all through the years, from Ring cams to Kuna. If you can get past it being a Chinese company, EzViz has been by far the best WiFi cams we've ever had. They even have one now for outside that is pan/tilt/zoom with motion tracking. The clarity at night is also unmatched even when comparing against the big brands. The oldest camera I have is now 7 years old and still works just as well as it did from day 1 and it's been in extreme cold and dry heat in Utah to the humidity and rain here in Georgia. Good consistent connection with cloud storage options or you can ignore that and use a micro SD card. No subscription required.

Back
Top Bottom