• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Second thoughts on appendix carry

I was a 1911 man for decades, but one of the flaws was the fact it was possible for the safety to disengage inadvertently while holstered. It happened to me several times and I developed a habit of checking the safety repeatedly during the day to make sure it hadn't. The only thing worse than a DA or striker fired weapon pointing at your crotch is a single action with the safety off.
Wow interesting... but why? What would disengage the safety repeatedly? Do you remember if you were using a leather or kydex holster? What was your typical carry position?

Wow interesting... but why? What would disengage the safety repeatedly? Do you remember if you were using a leather or kydex holster? What was your typical carry position?
It was both Kydex and leather. If the holster covered the safety, movement of the weapon inside the holster could bump it off. If it didn't cover the safety, random external contacts could do it. It was much more likely to happen with an ambidextrous safety, but it happened both ways.

Carry was right hip, both IWB and OWB.

It was both Kydex and leather. If the holster covered the safety, movement of the weapon inside the holster could bump it off. If it didn't cover the safety, random external contacts could do it. It was much more likely to happen with an ambidextrous safety, but it happened both ways.

Carry was right hip, both IWB and OWB.

That’s exactly why I don’t like an ambi safety

Is this what he was carrying?

Type 94 Nambu has been known to go off if you squeeze the sear bar that is on the outside of the gun...:wacko:

omegacrossroads.com_GunCabinet_Nambu_Nambu2L.jpg

Also one of the ugliest firearms of all times...

Back
Top Bottom