• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sears rant

As far as the internet pricing goes, you will get the same thing from walmart. You have to order it online and pick up in the store or have it shipped to you for that lower internet price.
I used to go to sears all the time years ago, but very rarely now.

I had the same problem at wal-mart. They wouldn't honor their own web prices in store. Must buy it online, then pick up in store.

Needless to say I got a better product elsewhere delivered to my door, cheaper.

i believe that the policy of buying it online only for that price is them trying to get rid of employees figuring you'll just have it delivered to your house skipping the store altogether thus not needing as many stores

Same problem at Sam's the other day. I argued, bi@@@@ and moaned loudly for long enough that it was stupid for Sam's store to not match Sam's.com's price, they finally caved and did, just to shut me up and get rid of me.

Funny about Wal Mart. I've ordered Site to Store a few times and always been extremely happy with both price and service. Hmmm. Usually I am very happy with Wal Mart overall. Last week I was grabbing a few things at Wal Mart. When I set my milk on the counter the cashier told me that Kroger had had their milk on sale for $2.50 a gallon and adjusted the price to meet it without me even asking. I thought it was a nice touch. Only a buck and a half but appreciated.

I never shop at Sear's , it's for old people & there usually 2x's as high as everyone else!

This is so true , my dad is 75 and him and his wife get a lot from sears just because it was the first credit card he ever got back in the 50s , most of thier products have broken down and needed repair or replacement and everything is way over priced, they were goin to let me use thier sears card to get new tires for my truck but when i looked up thier prices i said forget it. i will go to wal mart.

Last edited:
I am just still in awe that a company would turn down someone's cash money for their own advertised price. It ducks ti because they are the only local place that has what I need, but guess I will just be ordering it now.

Actually if you read the ad online it states "Online Price Only" , but most people don't read the whole ad. I agree about it not being right, but I know going in that the store price will be higher. I don't buy anything from Sears because they have become a dysfunctional part of KMart. I used to buy Craftsman Tools because the warranty was good and you could walk into any Sears store for replacement, now they have to investigate how it failed before they can decide on replacing a tool. Our local store has a couple of ex Radio Shack employees that know everything but can't sell you what you want because they don't stock much in the store but high priced junk and they try to act as if you don't know what you need.

I found the two perfect seats for my boat at Kmart. One of them had a missing snap on the front where the strap holds the front seat down when folded. I took it up to customer service and asked the manager if he could discount it 10% or so. I told him these are the ones that I wanted but did not want to pay full price for something that I would have to fix, which I thought was a reasonable request. The manager said " sir instead of my discounting these, you can buy them and have the bad one shipped back to the manufacturer and have them fix it for free". I stood there in total amazement of his top notch managerial skills and said " sir, I would like to put these on my boat and go fishing tomorrow, not in four to six weeks". He refused to discount the bad one, so I left them on the counter and went to Agri Supply and paid $15 more for the identical seats.

So, no more Sears or Kmart for me.

So I went in to Sears today at Town Center to pick up a item. Online they had the price marked at $152.99. I go in grab and go to check out. It rings up 179.99. So I politely tell the guy it is marked lower on the website. He calls the manager and he says I can buy a gift card buy it online and pick it up in the store. I only had cash on me by the way. I told him I didn't want to do that because in the event something was wrong with it they would have to refund me a gift card. I was more in shock than mad that they would not honor their own pricing. I called after I left to speak with a manager, and he to told me the same thing. That they don't honor their own prices. Needless to say I left the item. Am I wrong for being a little irritated here?

Stores very often have "online only" pricing. When they sell something online, it's cheaper for them because they don't have to pay someone to sell it to you. For you to talk into their store and take up the time of someone they're paying by the hour, you've effectively reduced their incentive to give the lower price.

Back
Top Bottom