• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

JoeJoeMojo

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
6   0
Reaction score
Calling all people smarter than myself. I have a quick question. I've been looking at buying a new Scorpion Evo 3 s1. I've seen used scoprion evo pistols from 2017, 2018 for sale. Is there a difference between the 2018 version and the 2021 version. Have they made any updates/tweaks? Or are they the same? I know some gun companies update guns throughout the years. I remember hearing something about the CZ scorpion mags being messed up and CZ fixing them years ago. Was wondering if the same thing happened with the actual pistol. Thanks in advance. I tried googling it, but couldn't find anything.

I can’t tell you when exactly they changed these things, but early model scorpions had a different muzzle thread pitch, and welded trigger packs.

There might be some other differences but those are the only two I’m aware of.

AB2BF7C2-B1CC-41A6-ACE0-5AEE4A66DE6D.jpeg
A little off topic.
And Unless your a PSA hater, I think their ARV is pretty neat and uses scorpion mags. Mine is a tack driver and haven’t had an issue with it.....yet

Also off topic but give the PSA AKV a shot. Use’s the same mags as the scorpion the PSA mags made in house have been 100% reliable for me so far. I’ve heard about problem’s with the scorpion and magpul mags.

The older ones had a weird thread pitch and the barrels won’t work due to some small difference. I got an older one cheap and had the barrel rethreaded.

The older ones are threaded 18x1, early Gen 2's had welded trigger packs, later gen 2's do not. Gen 2 has dual threading, 1/2x28 and the larger 18x1. I have a very early Gen 1 and its been non stop reliable.

Back
Top Bottom