• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

School me on : Mosin Nagants

WallsGa

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
342   0
Reaction score
So, on a whim I decided to buy an 80 year old rifle. I know very little, just what I’ve been able to read online , 7.52x54.net mostly.

I know it’s a 1937 Tula, likely a refurb, numbers match, with non-matching bayonet.

Anyone else have info to offer? I’d like to learn a little more about the history of it. What do the proof marks mean? What’s a value for boat fire loss purposes?
Thanks for any insight.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

well, you are about to go down a rabbit hole. The best markings are on the receiver. Top and bottom(under the wood) From the looks at it, just a normal 1937 Tula Mosin. That being said I love my mosins. I once had about 20, now down to just 2. It a great piece of history, the cheapest WW2 gun out there, and they seem to be going up in cost. I don't think you will regret getting it. If you get more pics of marking glad to help.

Make sure to check the tang date as well, some receivers are actually quite old and we’re reused you can also tell a factory refurb by the square with a line through it marking. The history and story the markings tell just blow my mind on some of these rifles

well, you are about to go down a rabbit hole. The best markings are on the receiver. Top and bottom(under the wood) From the looks at it, just a normal 1937 Tula Mosin. That being said I love my mosins. I once had about 20, now down to just 2. It a great piece of history, the cheapest WW2 gun out there, and they seem to be going up in cost. I don't think you will regret getting it. If you get more pics of marking glad to help.
Ha! Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of. Took it shooting today for the first time and it was fun!

Back
Top Bottom