School me on accurate rifles.

Start with a stiff action, bed the bolt lugs to get equal contact, pillar bed to a quality synthetic stock then mount a barrel with a target chamber and of appropriate length and twist for it's intended purpose and caliber. While a trigger makes it easier You can learn to shoot any trigger

Start with a stiff action, bed the bolt lugs to get equal contact, pillar bed to a quality synthetic stock then mount a barrel with a target chamber and of appropriate length and twist for it's intended purpose and caliber. While a trigger makes it easier You can learn to shoot any trigger
You bed the bolt lugs? How do you open the bolt after it’s cured?

I would say bullet and barrel matter most. Others in the thread have stated some very important parts of the system and I agree they shoot way better with everything as straight and perfect as you can get it. The two things that matter to me the most are the bullets and the barrels I can work most everything else out but those are the two that have mattered the most to me. I’ve seen many actions with one lug contacting on a bolt and still shoot well enough nobody ever bothered checking until the barrel was shot out. I have also seen horrible threads and face of actions that you wonder how the rifle shot so well.

image-jpg.6265420

This book answers more questions and has been one of the best books I’ve ever read as far as rifles go it’s a wealth of knowledge. The book is like a textbook of how to make load shoot and maintain an accurate rifle. I have re-read parts so much that this one is my nice copy and the other is falling apart. I don’t stunt for free much but with so many here asking about rifles and accuracy this is the book I’d recommend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom