• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SCAR 17 FDE - Want to buy - FDE Only

I currently have a 1-6 strike eagle/ADM recon on my 17 as a bet and test, well multiple bets.

The first time it got destroyed at 203 rounds of ZQI 762 NATO, sent back to vortex and fixed. Reticle had rotated counter clockwise about 30 degrees.

The second time 48 rounds of Hirtenberger 7.62 Nato killed it, sent it back to vortex and fixed. Reticle rotated again but clockwise this time about 20 degrees.

The bet this time is that it either it won't fail again, or that it will last 200 or more rounds like the first time.
Currently I'm at 125 rounds of Hirtenberger and it is ok so far.

IMG_4661.JPG

I currently have a 1-6 strike eagle/ADM recon on my 17 as a bet and test, well multiple bets.

The first time it got destroyed at 203 rounds of ZQI 762 NATO, sent back to vortex and fixed. Reticle had rotated counter clockwise about 30 degrees.

The second time 48 rounds of Hirtenberger 7.62 Nato killed it, sent it back to vortex and fixed. Reticle rotated again but clockwise this time about 20 degrees.

The bet this time is that it either it won't fail again, or that it will last 200 or more rounds like the first time.
Currently I'm at 125 rounds of Hirtenberger and it is ok so far.

View attachment 1291441
I talked to quite a few experienced SCAR owners and shops that sell them. The consensus was that unless it's an Razor HD line Vortex, they will most likely fail.

One guy had to replace his PST after literally 2 rounds.

Why I am going to try NF or Trijicon.

What made you decide to do that? Reticle? Glass clarity? Weight? Eye relief?

From a range standpoint, the 1-8 seems more attractive compared to the NF.
The 1-8 sounds like a good option, I went with the nightforce more compact, 8oz lighter and it does what I need it to do. I think the reticle is np2, clarity is awesome. Im just trying to keep the scar 17 light.I just put the nightforce 2.5x10x24 on my larue that is in that pic with no scope and going to sight it in this weekend. The zero stop is also a good feature. I think there is 2 nightforce 1-4 on here for sale for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom