• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SAVAGE Model 10

Targetmaster

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
228   0
Reaction score
Picked this up a few months back, added a Decent Scope, bipod, sling, Cheek pad, nothing special. Today was a nice day, so since I haven't fired it yet, thought I'd take it out to my range and run a few shots thru to check for function. Did a quick bore sight, loaded a couple of Monarch 308 FMJ 145gr, and did a rapid fire at my 100 yard target, not for accuracy, just function. When I walked down to the Target, I was surprised at the grouping, with Cheap ammo, no fine tuning, and just point and squeeze. The Savage ran smooth as butter, trigger pull had little creep and the feel of a higher dollar rifle. I don't have a lot into the 10, but it has the potential to be on par with rifles that sell for 4 times the cost. Maybe I just lucked up and found a good one, but I'm going to tweak it a little more, run some prime ammo thru it, bench it and try it out at 800 plus and see what it can do. I think it is an underestimated rifle. Now to find just the right scope to match up with it, a better bipod (Cheap one, I just had laying around). I'm impressed so far and it hasn't broke my wallet yet. Update when I take it to the next stage at longer range.. Keep em Clean & Loaded. :thumb:
SAVAGE IMG_0961 (2).jpg

Attachments

• SAVAGE IMG_0962 (2).jpg
    SAVAGE IMG_0962 (2).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Savage IMG_0964 (2).jpg
    Savage IMG_0964 (2).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 31
  • SAVAGE IMG_0963 (2).jpg
    SAVAGE IMG_0963 (2).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 28
Their first tactical production rifle the 110 FP I stole from my Dad. It's a tack driver.

I met one of our ODT precision machinist and rifle builders, toured his shop and he had some new rifles he was building for customers based on the Savage 10 actions. He claimed the bolts didn't need blue printed and machine as they are a floating design that is very good and very accurate.

For the dollar I can't find a better shooting rifle... It looks like you got a shooter right there.

Their first tactical production rifle the 110 FP I stole from my Dad. It's a tack driver.

I met one of our ODT precision machinist and rifle builders, toured his shop and he had some new rifles he was building for customers based on the Savage 10 actions. He claimed the bolts didn't need blue printed and machine as they a re a floating design that is very good and very accurate.

For the dollar I can't find a better shooting rifle... It looks like you got a shooter right there.
I covered that group with a quarter and that was rapid fire just playing around with cheap ammo, it's got potential :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom