• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Savage FVSR .22cal

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
Took the ol' girl to Charlie Elliott range today. Only thing I've added was a god-a-grip cheek riser and a Simmons scope. I even forgot to pack the bipod I have for 'er so I had to use the rubber block on the shooting bench.

So I arrive at the rifle range and they are cold but about to go hot so I grab my target stand and run it out to about 25 yards. It's a sunny day with a nice breeze but no crazy gusts. I didn't have time to put up fresh targets so I used what was already on the stand.

I settle into a nice position on the bench and crank up the zoom on the scope and adjust the objective lense to the proper distance. I started with 5 round groups using CCI Std Velocity because so many folks talk about how nice and consistent this ammo is.

Oh, and I was also running a Dobbs Evercore on the rifle. With hearing protection on all I could hear was the firing pin spring hum after releasing it.

Groups started printing nicely. Could cover five shot groups with a nickel. I had a couple of failure to extracts so I'm not really sure where that came from but that soon faded after warming 'er up a bit.

I have recently purchased some Aguila Std Velocity 40 gr ammo and wanted to know how it performed so I loaded up a couple of mags.

This ammo produced groups that you could cover with a dime. It was a noticeable difference in performance. I'll try to post some pics to show the difference.

Because I was limited on time and the range stays hot a lot I didn't get a chance to run groups at 100 yards. Just for giggles I focused the objective lense at the far bank and was easily able to disintegrate dirt clods that didn't seem much more than two inches across.

So in conclusion I think the FVSR is one amazingly accurate .22 rifle when coupled with good ammo and an ok scope. They are very affordable and I give 'em two thumbs up!

:thumb::thumb:

image.jpeg

Oops, should have taken pics of the CCI Std.

The cloverleaf group in the blue NE of the red bull is the first 5 shots with the Aguila. Could cover with a dime.

image.jpeg

This was a previously shot target but I got cocky and went for head shots.

The head shots on the black silhouette target are mine. Five of the Aguila.

Back
Top Bottom