• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

savage 93 17hmr stainless bull barrel

ehunt

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
38   0
Reaction score
accuracy was great. cost was great. but would not feed correctly: i had to hold the gun with 1 hand and push up the clip with the other hand. feed the action with my 3rd hand????????? i would rate the gun 5 out of 10

Are you sure that you have the correct magazine?
could you posisbly have a magazine for the Mark II Savage?
lots of people confuse the 2 weapons.
I have the 93R17 BTVS and 5 magazines , they all work flawlessly as does the weapon.
the gun is just sinfully accurate (minus 1 1/2 inch) out to 150-175 yards and can hit well beyond that, just not as good of groups.

I had the magazine feed problem with one that was dropped and the feed lip was bent. Once restored to its original position everything worked as it should.

i have the BTV also and it is a serious shooter. I've not gotten to take it out past 100 yards yet, but from 25-100 yards the impact is nearly identical. That is excellent for shooting small things when you don't know exactly how far away they are. With a .22 your talking the difference of inches of drop between 50 yard zero and 100 yard impact.

Typically I'm getting less than 1/2" groups at 100 yards even with a slight breeze.

Ammo costs more than .22, but I don't use the .17hmr for plinking either. (about $20 per 100 for .17hmr vs. $20 per 500 for 22lr)

Back
Top Bottom