• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Savage 270 WSM

I'm BHJ and I'm a Savageaholic. It's probably a model 16 also known as the weather warrior. If it has the accutrigger it is a newer model. If it has the accustock and accutrigger it is the newest model if it has niether then it's an older (mid 90s model) Nothing wrong with that though. I have a couple of 116s (long actions) and they are my favorite bolt guns. Uber accurate. I don't know much about the chambering. Except that it should be more than enough and prolly too much and ammo will be pricy. If its new that's a good price. If it's the latest model and it's new it's a great price.
I guess the answers to your questions are it depends but generally Yes Yes and Yes. If you're a lefty you owe yourself a left handed rifle.

Last edited:
BHJ pretty much hit it on the head. Savage makes a GREAT rifle. They are one of the most accurate out-of-the-box rifles on the market. They are also priced very reasonable. The only negative I know of is the fact that Savage likes to make changes to it's models every couple of years. This makes it a little harder to find higher end after-market stocks for certain models. Should be a great rifle!!!

Back
Top Bottom