Saiga AK conversion question and suggestions needed.

amc5

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
I have a Saiga Ak in .223. I see a few sites that offer the conversion package (Mississippi Auto Arms and Carolina Shooter Supply). Anyone suggest a "Good" kit? Or what to get or not to get? I get a little confused by their (Mississippi) options. For Trigger guard, they have "do it yourself kit" a "Grip screw and bushing kit" etc., and a few different Brands.

As for trigger control group I also see a few different options from Mississippi's site as well. Carolina Shooters Supply seems less confusing. I would like to have the parts in Tan which I see on Mississippi's site as an option, but not Carolina Shooters. ???

Last edited:
Dinzag Arms

He sells all the parts you need for the conversion, and he has it segmented on his site by the type of gun so it is easy to find. He has a PDF on his site with step-by-step instructions. And he will answer any questions you may have.

I did a basic PG conversion on my Saiga 5.45 last june. Ordered a G-2 single hook trigger, pistol grip and a few mags from here - http://www.jabtac.com/rifle-parts-c-826.html

I used the original trigger guard. Bought a black Russian mil. buttstock off the AK47.net equipment exchange, and a bullet guide (CSS) from a fellow over at Sagia.com web site. Filled the sporter trigger pin holes with some black nylon plugs bought at LOWE'S (they look like metal rivits) Painted the bottom of the receiver with a rattle can of blk. paint from Auto Zone.

My dremel tool made the conversion easy.... got around $465.00 in the rifle plus conversion.

I like the long sporter hand guard better than the millitary version, and don't really have a need for a muzzle brake or flash hider.
The rifle is very accurate with irons, but put a red dot sight on it with a side rail mount.

Good luck with your conversion.

always used Carolina shooters for all the conversions ive done. Good bunch of dudes and shipping was lightning fast. If you see something you like better from Mississippi auto arms use the less confusing list of things you need from Carolina shooters and order it there.

Back
Top Bottom