Safe recommendations

What we failing to remember is Academy, Adventure Outdoors and Cabelas, Bargin Barn do not make there own safes. Most of these safe are made by the companies that are super expensive. My safe is nice, it's solid, it's heavy, it's of great quality and for the money they are comparable to some of the more expensive safes. What you are paying for is longer fire prevention rating time and luxury features. You can definitely tell a sub par safe from a lower quality safe. I have a small Stack On safe that is real light, doesn't have any nice features and you can tell by the just opening and closing the door it's budget safe. I keep all my rimfire guns, single shot guns and just cheaper guns in general in it. So some of these safes your are seeing at the sporting good stores are the same safes your are seeing as high dollar safes. Big volume sporting good stores are buying these safes up by the truck loads and getting huge discounts. The only thing you will probably be giving up is an extra 15 minutes of fire prevention. If a fire isn't put out in 30 minutes which is a low number for these 1,000 safes a sporting good stores, it's going to burn the whole house down anyways and the guns are going to be a complete loss. Now this hold true until you start looking at these 2,500 and 3,000 Winchester and Remington safes that look like the interior of a Bentley.

I bought one at Adventure Outdoors and it looks exactly the same and it was right around the same price. It's only going to hold about 20 single shotguns and may 30 handguns if they aren't in the plastic cases some come in. When you start throwing AR's and scoped guns it eats up the space real quick. I have every other gun in Bore Stores gun socks so I have two safes to keep everything in. I can tell you no one is just going to walk off with it. They weigh a freaking ton. I had two guys and a truck to move us to our new house and it took them, me and the neighbors to move that thing on a dolly and they cussed me and that safe all the way around the house. Som B**ch was heavy. Dude I mean HEAVY!

What we failing to remember is Academy, Adventure Outdoors and Cabelas, Bargin Barn do not make there own safes. Most of these safe are made by the companies that are super expensive. My safe is nice, it's solid, it's heavy, it's of great quality and for the money they are comparable to some of the more expensive safes. What you are paying for is longer fire prevention rating time and luxury features. You can definitely tell a sub par safe from a lower quality safe. I have a small Stack On safe that is real light, doesn't have any nice features and you can tell by the just opening and closing the door it's budget safe. I keep all my rimfire guns, single shot guns and just cheaper guns in general in it. So some of these safes your are seeing at the sporting good stores are the same safes your are seeing as high dollar safes. Big volume sporting good stores are buying these safes up by the truck loads and getting huge discounts. The only thing you will probably be giving up is an extra 15 minutes of fire prevention. If a fire isn't put out in 30 minutes which is a low number for these 1,000 safes a sporting good stores, it's going to burn the whole house down anyways and the guns are going to be a complete loss. Now this hold true until you start looking at these 2,500 and 3,000 Winchester and Remington safes that look like the interior of a Bentley.

Um, just, no. If you got a NEW 64 gun safe for anywhere near $600, you did NOT get a Liberty, Fort Knox, higher end Browning, AmSec, etc, etc. Not even close.

Relockers, quality hard plate, top tier lock, steel thickness, side punch protection, made in America, Bolt retention framework/strength, door jam reinforcement, makeup of the door/STEEL thickness (most cheap, thick-looking composite doors are skinned with 12 gauge sheetmetal)/rigidity, etc cost money. I could go on and on.

Fact is, the cheap, big box store Chinese safe manufacturers have gotten very good at making a cheap box LOOK comparable to the better models, at least to the uninitiated.

You are delusional man..... I can literally open your cannon safe in about 20 seconds with a hammer and screwdriver.

Back
Top Bottom