• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sad Morning For Our Family....

Feeling your pain. Friday evening out oldest dog (15 or 16 years old, he was a rescue so unsure of actual age) who has been with us for 15 years, wasn't able to get up after a nap on the bed. I got him down and he couldn't walk. That passed after about 3 hours of holding and petting and loving. Saturday morning we went to the vet and she said, kidney and liver failure) so we had him put down them. Holding him as he took has last breath. Hard to do but I would never leave him alone as long as I could possibly be there. Really, I didn't sleep Friday night and kept checking on him and expecting to find him dead in his bed. He went peacefully and looked younger and at peace at the end. The crematory will take care of him and he will come home later this week. His best friend, also a rescue that came home with him, went 3 months ago. We have one dog left, Buddy (Clifford's Buddy) and he walks around looking for him and sniffing everything trying to find him.

It's hard on pets, it's hard on us, we shed a lot of tears. Wife says we won't get another dog but we have to have a friend for Buddy, it's not right for dogs to not have someone else to be close to when we aren't home or can't play.

Prayers for your pup and prayers for your family as you go through the days of mourning.
WOW Brother Klif... That's heavy as well.
Comfort from GOD to all of us!!!
Seriously, today I feel like as if a child of mine has died. Emotions comes and goes.
Just now one of our granddaughters (5 YO) new about it, and she love Chloe, so they video called us, and the poor child was crying her life out. My wife kept telling her "Sweety, she is in heaven with God" - And she was like "Why God took her?" - And as I see the child crying the old man here lost it again... Damn it!!!!!

I know how you feel man. I've been there several times myself ,always knowing if you're gonna have pets, you're gonna go thru this eventually. But it's still worth it. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry man. They become part of the family. I spend most of my time when not working with my two. My family says I like my dogs more than them. I will add getting another one asap does ease the pain.

Back
Top Bottom