• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA35- what says the ODT?

I got one and put about 400rd through it. had some minor failure to feed issues when releasing the slide on a full mag. I examined the barrel and there was a burr impeding on the feed ramp. I knocked the burr down with a small file and hit it with some 600 grit>1000 grit>2000 grit sand paper on the spot where the burr was and its run flawless since. I havent put as many rounds to where most people see major failures.
I figured it would be a good weapon

I think that there's likely to be a 'soft' gen 2 version of the SA 35 that will address a number of the somewhat-minor observations recorded by BHSpringsolutions. Whether that'll include the small-part metallurgy issues or not remains to be seen.

Given my avatar over there <---- you won't be surprised to hear that I'm looking forward to the launch of (hopefully) an expanded range with an SA-35 Stainless Loaded which would be on my want list the moment it was announced.

If Springfield are listening, they could slap an integrated pic rail on the frame, maybe change the safety levers a bit and (in a move that would infuriate the purists) maybe make the beavertail a little larger to save those of us with beefier hands from the annoying hammer bite.

Some of you will say it’s heresy, but I’m very interested. Anyone seen one in person yet?

View attachment 3674488
My 2 cents
If you don’t have the $ for a made/assembled Belgian a Girsan mcp35 (4 different finishes) & 1500 rounds for the cost of a sa35. Turkey has been making firearms for over 100 years & they never thru their gun community under the bus & when sales dumped didn’t start donating $ to make themselves look. Giving away a secret but a couple of bhp’s were acquired on armslist of all places, by trading my glocks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 15
Well, the 'new' FN High Power really isn't the same if you pull the slide off. On the assumption that you have to have something like the OG, then sure, the MC35 is a fairly good facsimile in the same way that the Argentinian FMAPs were.

My beef with the MC35 is minor - it's a good copy and it's better than the Tisas Regent that came out about 3 years ago for a brief spell and then disappeared again. The Tisas had - if I remember - the old-style safety and an internal ejector. I think there were a few reported problems with build tolerances etc.

The Girsan is a far better offering, but the one I shot wasn't as tight in the slide and action as the Hi Power. I'm not sure whether that converts into lower accuracy - it wouldn't do for me, I'm not a particularly good shot - but if you want a NEW all metal frame gun that is very close to parts-compatible with an original Hi Power, the MC35's not a bad choice. If you're worried about our trade status with Turkey changing due to geopolitics, it's plausible that getting replacement parts in the future might be a challenge, but aside from that, I'd buy one - if it was available in stainless, with a pic rail and a slightly larger beavertail.

My 2 cents
If you don’t have the $ for a made/assembled Belgian than get a a mc35 & 1500 rounds for the cost of a sa35. Turkey has been making firearms for over 100 years & they never thru their gun community under the bus & when sales dumped didn’t start donating $ to make themselves look - oh my bad. Giving away a secret but a couple of bhp’s were acquired on armslist of all places, by trading new glock 19’s for a unknowing millennials grandpa’s piece of history.
Good advice thank you. I have not seen too many MC35’s for sale here on ODT or at LGS. How much do these guns retail for?

Well, the 'new' FN High Power really isn't the same if you pull the slide off. On the assumption that you have to have something like the OG, then sure, the MC35 is a fairly good facsimile in the same way that the Argentinian FMAPs were.

My beef with the MC35 is minor - it's a good copy and it's better than the Tisas Regent that came out about 3 years ago for a brief spell and then disappeared again. The Tisas had - if I remember - the old-style safety and an internal ejector. I think there were a few reported problems with build tolerances etc.

The Girsan is a far better offering, but the one I shot wasn't as tight in the slide and action as the Hi Power. I'm not sure whether that converts into lower accuracy - it wouldn't do for me, I'm not a particularly good shot - but if you want a NEW all metal frame gun that is very close to parts-compatible with an original Hi Power, the MC35's not a bad choice. If you're worried about our trade status with Turkey changing due to geopolitics, it's plausible that getting replacement parts in the future might be a challenge, but aside from that, I'd buy one - if it was available in stainless, with a pic rail and a slightly larger beavertail.
People are putting some wild cerokotes on them 699

Attachments

• F31D90BD-AC67-4F29-9704-26569D9E520D.png
    F31D90BD-AC67-4F29-9704-26569D9E520D.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom