• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S&W Governor

Targetmaster

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
228   0
Reaction score
Haven't seen a review on one, so here goes. Bought this one New several years ago. Special Deal, $500 out the door. Never liked the Original Grips as they were too small for a weapon of that Caliber. Found that K Frame Grips fit, made a world of difference. It will Handle 45LC, 45ACP & 410's with no problems and they even make speed loaders for 45LC. The holster I use can also be used as a cross draw. The Weapon loaded feels lighter than it looks, at 25m's it holds a tighter pattern than I thought it would (Of course my Wife say's it's the shooter, not the Gun LOL) With the larger grips, it handles the recoil very well, 410's OOO pattern well under 15m but spread over that, fired a couple of 410 Slugs, they were accurate enough out to about 25m's also. Fit & Finish is S&W, so you know it's good. Makes a great carry or home defense weapon. This one is a keeper. If you have one, change the Grips, makes it into a whole New Weapon..
Gov 1.jpg

:thumb:
Mine stays under my mattress (an arms length from nightstand and an arms length up under mattress so I can get to it at night in a black room).
No kids at home and grand-kids could never lift (king) mattress and reach that far.
I keep those home defense .410 shells in it, discs, buck, poisonous spiders, pretty scare'y weapon...
410_ammo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom