• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S.O.E. Gear

I have one of their EDC belts and one of their low profile EDC belts. I picked them up when SOe was at Blade Show this year so I've been wearing them daily for a few months now. They are the stiffest belts I have ever worn. Before these I would use an Amish leather belt which I thought did a pretty good job of supporting a gun all day. The SOE belts do a much better job, I find them to be very comfortable. The stitching is good, everything is double stitched or bar tacked. Follow the directions for sizing in their website, order your pants size. You don't need to add an inch / measure your current belt and multiply by .03625 / etc. Keep it simple, order your pants size. It works.

If you do order, be prepared to wait. The SOE website says up to 8 weeks and it is true. I'm sitting at 6 weeks on an order I placed for a belt for my dad. Jon makes it pretty clear that deployed service members take priority. The shop is pretty small and each belt is made to order. No phone number is available for contact, everything is through email. On his Facebook page, he has been known to cancel orders and refunds their money when people email asking why they don't have their stuff after 2 weeks. Many have issues with his style of customer service. I don't because I think he's made it pretty clear there are wait times and what he says as far as 8 weeks is the truth. The good news is he stands behind his product and will make it right. Told me at blade show that he will make adjustments to belts if you loose weight, just send him an email and ship it back to him with a note in the box stating what needs to be done. Watch their Facebook page for coupon codes. Orders do get backed up when they have sales.

I've been to their location in camden, tn and can first hand report that their quality is top notch on everything they make. John Wallis is a cool dude, but if he were on the ODT, he'd probably be banned already for calling little *****es out. :) The entire SOE crew are great people who pour everything into their work and are very proud of it. My buddy Tyler moved his entire family from Alaska to come work for John at SOE, that's how much he believed in their product and their mission and philosophy. I personally have a few pieces of gear, wallet, belt, shirt and I'm saving some fun money for a micro rig.

SOE makes some great stuff. Don't forget to check out Blue Force Gear though. Great stuff and made in Georgia.

FYI, 20% sale code was posted on their Facebook page today. It's named after some guy that was trash talking them. Be sure to read the full post before using the coupon code, and don't be in a hurry to get your stuff. They are under "Special Operations Gear"

Last edited:
The gear has some loyal followers, but the criticism he gets for his gear..rather than just deleting the comment, or brushing it off..to me it seems a tad bit immature as a business owner to post such things as

"Some dip**** by the name of Joe just posted this as a comment on the SOE page here.

your products are way over priced. people want to buy American made products but not at a 100% or more markup.

My reply: "How the **** would you know what 100% is./ What the **** do you make? Hoe many people do you employee. Eat a dick."

What do you think?"

While I definitely think he should have words with the customer through email/messages on Facebook..he shouldn't post it so everyone can have their words with whoever it happens to be. Being that it isn't their business to deal with. It just looks bad on him as a person, and seems like he can't handle his own "internet battles."

Back
Top Bottom