• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Russian SKS

BIGLEW

Air Force Icon Supporter
AKA: BIG PRETTY - BDR1
446   0
Reaction score
I picked up a Russian SKS yesterday. Got a chance to hit Stoddard's while in Douglasville this evening. Backed the target up as far as it would go and threw 40 rounds down range. Not bad, but had to rush as the wife and kids were waiting for me in the car. I'd like to go back and really take my time and see what it could do. Very smooth though.

I think the thing I'm most proud of though is this was the very first time I've gotten striper clips to work!! It's the little things! Lol

Decided the dude needed his hair parted on that last head shot.

IMG_0217.JPG

Excellent shooting! You stole that rifle at $425.

I've heard that some people can load stripper clips faster than changing out mags. I love the SKS. Had a Norinco factory 26 a few years ago which was a great shooter and now have an early 1951 Tula. Great rifles.

20151005_115012.jpg

Personally, I prefer stripper clips. Definitely quicker for me to reload using clips instead of magazines, so far as the SKS v. AKM platform is concerned. Maybe it's practice or maybe that reloading doesn't involve having to drop an empty magazine first.

Personally, I prefer stripper clips. Definitely quicker for me to reload using clips instead of magazines, so far as the SKS v. AKM platform is concerned. Maybe it's practice or maybe that reloading doesn't involve having to drop an empty magazine first.

I definitely prefer stripper clips to those stupid duck bill mags.

Back
Top Bottom