• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Run N Gun near the beach is rough on equipment!

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
Everything got stripped and a dishsoap bath and pressure washed then scrubbed and oil soaked....
Burdy Burdy M mikefromphilly @rustyboy P ponyboy96 @ngcsugrad09
What's yalls method?
20201213_163436.jpg
20201213_163951.jpg

I have yet to have a Run and Gun get me nasty enough to have to do much cleaning at all which is a huge disappointment

I have yet to have a Run and Gun get me nasty enough to have to do much cleaning at all which is a huge disappointment

Yeah other then our shoes and guns we stayed pretty clean. But that dang sand! The shadow systems took it like a champ but Brittany's G17 turned Into a single shot for the last 2 stages.

Yeah other then our shoes and guns we stayed pretty clean. But that dang sand! The shadow systems took it like a champ but Brittany's G17 turned Into a single shot for the last 2 stages.
Glad to see you are enjoying that gun as much as I knew you would. My full-size just arrived and my Long Slide is on the way.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Usually just an old oily cleaning rag, toothbrush and take everything apart. No scrubbing of anything in soapy water. Man that’s just inviting rust.

method I use and what used to work for my weapons from the field.
1. Take everything apart including magazines.
2. Wipe down with a dry or old gun rag.
3. Use a toothbrush to scrub everything down dry.
4. Wipe down everything with a slightly moist rag with clp on it.
5. Clean weapons well and use a thick coat of clp on metal parts, barrel, etc.
6. Final wipe with oily cleaning rag.

Like Burdy, my guns haven't gotten too dirty. My routine is to do a basic field strip, brush off any dirt, wipe the powder off with Boretech Eliminator, oil the shiny spots, and then call it a day.

I don't drop my mags on the ground at RnG. I use a dump pouch religiously which has worked well keeping the mags clean and functioning.

Like Burdy, my guns haven't gotten too dirty. My routine is to do a basic field strip, brush off any dirt, wipe the powder off with Boretech Eliminator, oil the shiny spots, and then call it a day.

I don't drop my mags on the ground at RnG. I use a dump pouch religiously which has worked well keeping the mags clean and functioning.

Yeah Brittany's mags and pistol were done. That low crawl got here stuff so nasty.

Back
Top Bottom