Ruger SR1911 Commander: Oh Yeah Baby. Is this the new Springfield Champion?

Annon5709871235

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
41   0
Reaction score
I have wanted one of these for about a year since I bought my first SR1911 Full Size. I have also been looking for a Springer Champion loaded but thoose guns are harder to find and are easily 800-1200. They are by far my favorite 1911 looks wise but the ruger is on paper the same gun. I loved the fullsize SR 1911 but it was hard to carry and the thought of owning more than one gun had not entered my head yet (I have since changed my logic). Sunday evening I decided that I was going to find a SR1911 CMD On Monday No matter where I had to Drive. After searching I found a few at Cherokee Gun for $688 OTD. Great Price, My Local Shop wanted $750 plus tax and I would have to order it. This is one fine weapon. I have had Kimber TLE's, Ultra Carry II's Springer standard Champions, Colt Series 70's and even a National match Colt and the Ruger hands down is the best gun for the money and out shoots most of the Guns close to its price. The finish has a nice Matt to it, the grips are perfect and the slide fit is superb. The trigger is crisp, like breaking glass. One second your cocked, the next your not. I fired 5 mags through it at Bullseye on Monday night. At half range I easily kept a 2-3 inch group. taking my time with the shots I could place them almost on top of each other. The Commander size 1911's are, in my opinion, the best configuration for a carry 1911. the 4-4.25 barrels still have the accuracy of the larger fullsize guns. I shot it right next to my SIG Ultra Nitron 1911 which cost a few $100 more new and I will have to say the Ruger is more accurate and has just as good of a trigger as the SIG. The fact that its made In the USA is just another plus for me. The only thing is I wish it came with night sights. I will fix that with some glow in the dark green paint on the white dots. I'm thinking about changing the grips but, it looks amazing the way it sits.

ruger sr1911.jpg

I hear you man, I have this and a Springfield lightweight champion operator and can hit better with the ruger. But I would have to chose the springfield for carry, it is much lighter. I agree this is the best bang for the buck in commander sized 1911's

I hear you man, I have this and a Springfield lightweight champion operator and can hit better with the ruger. But I would have to chose the springfield for carry, it is much lighter. I agree this is the best bang for the buck in commander sized 1911's
I bounce between the ruger, Sig ultra 1911 and a P238 depending on the day and what season it is.

Back
Top Bottom