Ruger sickness

Last years Hog hunt on Cumberland island. My weapon of choice was a SS Ruger Scout Talo edition with the FDE synthetic Stock and in 450 Bushmaster. I sought out that particular gun specifically for hunting costal/islands regions or adverse weather conditions. Very happy with the gun. Very accurate and quite light at 7.3lbs with a scope. This year will be my 2nd annual Cumberland island hog hunt, and will be using the same gun. This time suppressed.

20230102_171024.jpg

20230103_095458.jpg

20230103_082910.jpg

20230103_083741.jpg

20230103_100232.jpg

20230103_090641.jpg

More quiet this time around...

20230304_173940.jpg

20230304_174518.jpg

Last years Hog hunt on Cumberland island. My weapon of choice was a SS Ruger Scout Talo edition with the FDE synthetic Stock and in 450 Bushmaster. I sought out that particular gun specifically for hunting costal/islands regions or adverse weather conditions. Very happy with the gun. Very accurate and quite light at 7.3lbs with a scope. This year will be my 2nd annual Cumberland island hog hunt, and will be using the same gun. This time suppressed.

View attachment 6059666

View attachment 6059669

View attachment 6059673

View attachment 6059674

View attachment 6059678

View attachment 6059679

More quiet this time around...

View attachment 6059680
View attachment 6059681
I really do need a genuine M77 in 450 even though the American performs perfectly. Beautiful

I really do need a genuine M77 in 450 even though the American performs perfectly. Beautiful

Check out Randy’s Hunting Center in Bad Axe, MI. He gets a few dealer exclusive Hawkeye rifles every year in 450 BM. There are some for sale right now in Walnut Blued and Walnut Stainless. Normal internal Magazine so it’s flush on the bottom. Looks just like a standard Hawkeye.

I need to get one of these. The Gunsite rifle is neat enough but I would rather have the flush magazine, longer barrel, normal scope location, and no brake.

Picked this up off of GB this week. A little of a mystery.
Seller advertised it just as a Ruger MKII. But it has all the earmarks of a Volquartsen. VQ comp, comp does not separate from the barrel. VQ Front sight, rear sight Bomar. Finish on barrel and receiver is what I call the teflon looking finish thats on some of their earlier guns. But frame is just blued. Frame has VQ trigger, bolt release and extended safety. I have never seen this barrel style on a VQ. It isn't a bull barrel, has the diameter of a tapered barrel MKII. But there is no taper to the barrel. And where the barrel joins the receiver is not factory for tapered barrel. But Volquartsen is not stamped or roll marked anywhere on the barrel. I contacted VQ and sent them some pics and am waiting on their reply to find out what they may know about this pistol.
Stay tuned for something more interesting coming in next week.
IMG_6652.JPG
IMG_6655.JPG

Seller advertised it just as a Ruger MKII. But it has all the earmarks of a Volquartsen. VQ comp, comp does not separate from the barrel. VQ Front sight, rear sight Bomar. Finish on barrel and receiver is what I call the teflon looking finish thats on some of their earlier guns. But frame is just blued. Frame has VQ trigger, bolt release and extended safety. I have never seen this barrel style on a VQ. It isn't a bull barrel, has the diameter of a tapered barrel MKII. But there is no taper to the barrel. And where the barrel joins the receiver is not factory for tapered barrel. But Volquartsen is not stamped or roll marked anywhere on the barrel. I contacted VQ and sent them some pics and am waiting on their reply to find out what they may know about this pistol.
View attachment 6133227View attachment 6133228

Neat-lookin' Pistol. My money would be on it being an EARLY VQ-customized MKII--As in well before they started making their own Receivers--I think I recognize that Comp as being one of their first aftermarket MKII parts to be sold--Be interesting to find out what VQ can tell you about it...

View attachment 6133227View attachment 6133228
That's pretty interesting. Like someone turned down a bull barrel?

Back
Top Bottom