• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger releasing new Marlins today

wait ....only 1400?
last blued,4 shot,straight stock,standard lever,no rail,new marlin that was listed on here was 1800..
time to buy reatail,get an ffl (or find one to do transfers for ya) and make bank.
sgbl's on here be like.22 fiddy....

I want a .357... but I'd take a .44 mag assuming Ruger fixed the incorrect twist rate on the .44s. 1/38" was far too slow to stabilize 240 gr or heavier bullets reliably, and made a lot of the guns shoot pathetically with normal weight bullets.

My experiments with a JM Marlin in .44 couldn't beat 6" at 100 yards, with careful handloading. And that's awful in my opinion.

I want a .357... but I'd take a .44 mag assuming Ruger fixed the incorrect twist rate on the .44s. 1/38" was far too slow to stabilize 240 gr or heavier bullets reliably, and made a lot of the guns shoot pathetically with normal weight bullets.

My experiments with a JM Marlin in .44 couldn't beat 6" at 100 yards, with careful handloading. And that's awful in my opinion.
I've always been pleasantly shocked at the accuracy out of my Henry but I've always shot 225 gr FTX. Quick research suggests there was a change, at least in some of their models from 1:38 to 1:20. Now I have to figure out what the heck I have. Never thought about it before....

I've always been pleasantly shocked at the accuracy out of my Henry but I've always shot 225 gr FTX. Quick research suggests there was a change, at least in some of their models from 1:38 to 1:20. Now I have to figure out what the heck I have. Never thought about it before....
Looks like mine is pre change and is 1:38. Now I'm sure it'll start to shoot like feces. Thanks for nothing kuduman kuduman :mmph:

;)

I wish Ruger would make and sell a bolt action 30-30 that caught on and sold well. Ammo makers would be able to upgrade the bullet technology and ballistics. It might make the lever actions sell at lower prices. I love my Ruger 77 /357 bolt action rifle.

Back
Top Bottom