• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger LCP2 in 22LR “review”

Bennyboy

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
262   0
Reaction score
Picked one of these up last week and figured I’d share my thoughts, mainly because I’ve been very surprised and happy with the gun.

Identical on the outside to the 380 means it fits the same holsters but has 10+1 capacity (same as Glock’s “legendary” G44). After 200+rounds, it’s been flawless. Not a single failure to feed, fire, or eject with a mix of CCI Minimags, Federal Automatch, and Remington Thunderbolts (which usually suck big time). The sights are still small but it’s surprisingly accurate once you get the hang of it. Rapid fire 4” groups at 10 yards is easy and slow fire, 1” groups at the same distance is no problem.

Best part, it’s cheap and fun to shoot. That means more practice and that’s the most important part of all. I hate shooting my 380 version and keeping an extra caliber around.

B470BE95-59E6-4220-AFFC-B1E60EBF537E.jpeg

Picked one of these up last week and figured I’d share my thoughts, mainly because I’ve been very surprised and happy with the gun.

Identical on the outside to the 380 means it fits the same holsters but has 10+1 capacity (same as Glock’s “legendary” G44). After 200+rounds, it’s been flawless. Not a single failure to feed, fire, or eject with a mix of CCI Minimags, Federal Automatch, and Remington Thunderbolts (which usually suck big time). The sights are still small but it’s surprisingly accurate once you get the hang of it. Rapid fire 4” groups at 10 yards is easy and slow fire, 1” groups at the same distance is no problem.

Best part, it’s cheap and fun to shoot. That means more practice and that’s the most important part of all. I hate shooting my 380 version and keeping an extra caliber around.

View attachment 2444722
I guessing the trigger pull weight is about the same as the 380

I don't think this Ruger would convince me to part with my S&W MP22C...threaded & better sights... and priced about the same.
I can’t drop the M&P22C in my pocket though, hence the LCP2. It’s definitely not as good as a big gun for targets and plinking but still good at it and so far, more reliable than my Ruger Mark IV.

So I’ve been shooting the crap out of this little pistol and still not a single failure on the pistols part. The problem I’m running into is 22LR being crappy. I know rimfire will never be as reliable as a centerfire but I swear quality has dropped. CCI Minimags used to be great, maybe one failure per 300 rounds. Now I’m seeing 1-2 per 50 rounds. Federal automatch has been better lately.

What’s the most reliable 22 ammo these days?

I run cci sv all day long without a problem, only problem I have is if I’m using my AR-22 with the binary trigger, sometimes I’ll get a light strike.

I have not seen any issues shooting CCI Standard and Subs. I have also not had any issues with Mini mags I would contribute to the round. I have been shooting a lot out of a 10/22, 15-22, SR22, MarkIV. The only time I have had an issue was with CCI Standard with the SR22 but it is filthy and needs cleaning bad. It is ejecting fie and picking up the next round. Just not locking. have to bump the back of the slide every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom