• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger 1911 spotted!!!!!!!!!

richierich69

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
5   0
Reaction score
I just saw Cherokee Gun and Pawn in Canton put out the, Ghost of a Gun, Ruger 1911.

They had it priced at $699!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if there were any more in back stock, but they open at 9am tomorrow.

Get there early if you want to see it, as i'm sure it will not be there come lunch.

Be careful.

I bought a new Ruger and found out that the company offers no warranty whatsoever anymore.

Why No Warranty Card Has Been Packed With Your New Ruger Firearm?
The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a "full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger firearms.

Straight from the website.

Take that for what you will.

I take it to mean that you may be ignored (as I was) when I attempted to obtain a fix for a problem with my brand new gun. They imply that they will do what they need to and make things right. They completely ignored my problem. I will not buy a new Ruger again.

-Just be aware of this policy. Almost anything has a warranty these days. Not a Ruger.

Last edited:
Be careful.

I bought a new Ruger and found out that the company offers no warranty whatsoever anymore.

The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a "full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger firearms.

I take it to mean that you may be ignored (as I was) when I attempted to obtain a fix for a problem with my brand new gun. They imply that they will do what they need to and make things right. They completely ignored my problem. I will not buy a new Ruger again.

-Just be aware of this policy. Almost anything has a warranty these days. Not a Ruger.

Ouch. That further solidifies my decision never to buy another Ruger. After sending the same gun back twice and being told it was fixed, I was more than upset. Now knowing that it might be even more difficult if warranty work was needed, NO THANKS!!

Be careful.

The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a "full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger &amp; Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger &amp; Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger firearms.

Not saying I don't believe you. But could you post links to back this^^^^^^ up.

Back
Top Bottom