Rotating Barrels

Tbrown55

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
6   0
Reaction score
I'm somewhat new to semi automatic pistols. Have always been a wheel gun shooter until a little over a year ago.
I recently noticed there's a few pistols that employ a rotating barrel system vs the standard system used on the majority of weapons of this type.

What are the pros and cons of the rotation design?

Also, I discovered the Grand Power P1 Ultra. This gun appeals to me because of, DA/SA ext hammer, all steel frame housed in a polymer skin, stainless rotating barrel, price, and similar size to my current EDC. Only concern I have is that it is made in Slovakia which could impact repair, service, and warranty related activities.

Interested in any and all constructive comments about both rotating Barrels and the Grand Power line of guns.

Happy Shooting

The Beretta PX4 Storm has a rotating barrel.I have about 2k rounds on mine.It's very accurate and they say the rotating barrel reduces recoil/flip but I don't really feel that much of a difference.

I have original beretta cougar from mid 90s, thing is pleasure to shoot. Cool design, very smooth action. Stoeger Cougar is same as beretta cougar for less. Look for one of those, they occasionally pop up for sale. Nver liked the px4, hate plastic guns, ive shot it before, one of my buddies has one.

The rotating barrel design has been around for 100 years or so. It’s a proven design.

I’ve owned a few Beretta PX4’s, and they all shot wonderfully.

The main drawback to the rotating barrel lockup system nowadays is that mounting a suppressor to one can cause cycling issues.

The rotating barrel design has been around for 100 years or so. It’s a proven design.

I’ve owned a few Beretta PX4’s, and they all shot wonderfully.

The main drawback to the rotating barrel lockup system nowadays is that mounting a suppressor to one can cause cycling issues.
So.....if you don't care about a suppressor no real concerns, right?
What about take down, ware and tare, and longevity of moving parts.
How does all that compare to more conventional pistols?

So.....if you don't care about a suppressor no real concerns, right?
What about take down, ware and tare, and longevity of moving parts.
How does all that compare to more conventional pistols?

Correct. If you don’t want to suppress it, there’s nothing in the design that is detrimental when compared to other lockup systems.

rotating barrel. Easy to suppress.
1660117780145.png

Back
Top Bottom