• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIP Bob Dole

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
1068734499-45705d1358793620-old-west-gun-control-well-bye.jpg

I'm in no position to criticize a man who took a bullet for this country, was badly maimed and disabled, and then had the strength to go thru a difficult rehabilitation and put himself into the pressure and criticism that comes with the public limelight, carrying on for another eighty years. That's some pretty stern stuff.

RIP, Mr. Dole.

I'm in no position to criticize a man who took a bullet for this country, was badly maimed and disabled, and then had the strength to go thru a difficult rehabilitation and put himself into the pressure and criticism that comes with the public limelight, carrying on for another eighty years. That's some pretty stern stuff.

RIP, Mr. Dole.
Is it OK if I still contend McCain sucked?

Actually he took an artillery shell of some sort. Almost took off his arm and it paralyzed him for a considerable period of time. Local medics (Italy) assumed he wasn't gonna make it so they gave him a max dose of morphine, marked his forehead (so he wouldn't accidentally be given more) and sent him to the aid station. Once evacuated he also got a raging infection which wasn't responding to penicillin so they gave him something entirely experimental at the time, streptomycin, which turned the corner for him.

Tough guy, a straight up warrior in a horrifically brutal theater of war in WWII. My grandfather and his brother were both there too and likely chewed some of the same dirt as Dole.

Actually he took an artillery shell of some sort. Almost took off his arm and it paralyzed him for a considerable period of time. Local medics (Italy) assumed he wasn't gonna make it so they gave him a max dose of morphine, marked his forehead (so he wouldn't accidentally be given more) and sent him to the aid station. Once evacuated he also got a raging infection which wasn't responding to penicillin so they gave him something entirely experimental at the time, streptomycin, which turned the corner for him.

Tough guy, a straight up warrior in a horrifically brutal theater of war in WWII. My grandfather and his brother were both there too and likely chewed some of the same dirt as Dole.
And still made it to 98. He was the butt of a lot of jokes and grief, but nobody can deny he was a tough ole bird.

Back
Top Bottom