• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rimfire scopes

spar1790

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
Looking for a good quality Rimfire scope. I've done some research and everyone has their own opinion. Just wonder if there is a general verdict here. I've been eying a lot of mueller stuff APV, APT, as well as Nikon Rimfire scopes, but also considering the BSA sweet .22 and Leupold scopes. Also which rings for which ever scope you prefer?[SUB][/SUB]

It will go on my Ruger 10/22 I'm currently building. Mostly used for bench rest shooting. Range 20-150yds.

All comments appreciated.

I got a tasco 3x9 from Walmart on mine. Wife shoots it mostly :doh: she doesn't have much problem out to 100yards with it. Maybe if I was able to shoot it more I would say a 4x12 or 4x16 for the 150 yard mark just for clarity of the target. A friend has that BSA sweet .22 scope you was talking about but between it and the tasco I didn't see much difference. Hope that helps you some.

I have 2 BSA Sweet 22's and a sweet 17 that I am very satisfied with. I don't know what else you could ask for in a rimfire scope. Quality built. Metal body,caps, etc. I use Kwick Site rings on both. 22's are mounted on a Remington 597 and a Marlin XT. The 17 in on a single shot 17HMR Rossi. Cant go wrong for the price.

I have a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC not the rimfire version on my 10/22 with 18" er shaw bull barrel and I love it. At 150 yards I can pick off water bottles easily.

I shot a 10/22 with a new Nikon 3x9 p-22 and was very impressed with it for a all around scope. The Mueller is the way to go for a bench rest gun if you want to stay under$400.

Back
Top Bottom